Chapter 211

"Sure, I think we can make a deal."

I let the small dark red flame on my finger flicker out as the frail hunter replies.

"Really? You'll help us out? What's your price? I don't have much at all, but I could get together 100 silver- or- well 1 Gold coin's worth of silver and bronze that is. I'd have to collect it from everyone that's willing to pitch in."

I turn to my teammates.

"What do ya think? A small detour can't hurt as long as we're getting paid can it?"

Abby frowns, then takes out our map. She begins studying it carefully before turning to Danny.

"Where exactly is this cave filled with dungeons...?"

He scratches his chin, then replies while looking at the ceiling.

"Well, it's about half a day's walk, or a few hours by Camel to the northwest of here. I can show you the way. There's a tall mountain peak off in the same direction, if you stay headed straight towards it there's no way you'll miss the cave system on the way."

Abby's left eyebrow raises, then she looks over to me and nods.

"We'll take the quest, we're headed in that direction tomorrow anyways. I want a different reward though... we don't need the money."

I sit back and cross my arms, watching the green-haired hunter take the lead on our business dealings.

She definitely found something worthwhile on that map moments ago, and I trust her judgment. I'd like to face a new dungeon at any chance I can get, and helping out nearby villages is already a bonus on top of any money or resources we'll get paid.

If Abby can sweeten the deal, I'll leave her to it.

Danny replies to her semi-cryptic statement.

"Money isn't of value to you 4? I-I'm afraid I'm not sure what else there is to offer out here. We have food and water, but silver and gold are still the currency that's necessary for trade. It's the most I can really offer."

Abby nods, taking a sip of her drink before replying.

"You said we can make it over to the dungeons tomorrow morning by camel ride, correct? Are those easy to come by around these parts? We're in need of a new ride moving forward on our journey through the desert. Are there any you're willing to part with?"

He pauses for a moment, and all that's heard is the clanking of silverware in the room along with conversation from the hunters and villagers at the surrounding tables.

I take another bite of my food, enjoying the show.

There are no major stakes on the line for me here. I'm fine with walking across the desert on foot if we really have to. A camel or two sure would make traveling easier though.

He replies.

"I'm sure If I get the people from my home village to pitch in, they'll be able to spare some transportation in return for your kindness."

Abby and Danny go back and forth, negotiating for a few minutes while Arie, Maria, and I strike up a conversation of our own.

The food and drinks on our table disappear one by one until there's nothing but empty plates and dry mugs on the circular wooden table.

As our server comes to collect our finished dishes, Danny and Abby shake on a deal.

"If that's your final offer, I'll get it taken care of. Two camels in return for guaranteeing the Dungeon in question gets cleared. You sure are a confident one."