Chapter 395

The pillars of ice summoned from Maria's feet and sword nearly fill the entire arena's dome. However, the unyielding orange aura and ferocious speed of the ghoul tear down her mana and Qi-imbued attacks one by one without slowing down in the slightest.

Over 10 more clashes go by, making bigger and more extreme explosions of blue ice crystals each time. Every clash they have ends with Maria sinking slightly deeper into the ghoul's aura, but activating her Red Hydra's buff moments before disaster.

I can tell she's growing at a rapid rate, channeling more qi into her blade, and making it denser and denser every time. She's learning her upper Qi imbuing limits just like I did in my fight yesterday.

However, this doesn't last forever. Every attack into that orange aura evaporates a large amount of Qi, and it's clear she's starting to run low when on her next attack, a red aura envelops her entire body before her blade even makes contact with the Ghoul.

In a glimmering display of pink-tinted ice, the monster is defeated, and the crowd erupts into cheers that even shake the ceiling above us.

What the audience thought was going to be a one-attack match turned into an epic duel.

I smile as she walks around the ring in a victory lap, destroying the leftover ice in the ring and politely declining the announcer's offer to move on to the next stage.

Over 81 Platinum rest in my balance as she's teleported back into the training room and Abby steps up to the platform.

"Good luck out there, put on a show and take your time in the earlier rounds. There's no rush."

She continues forward and the two female fighters exchange words as they pass too.

"Flashy match out there, good job."

"Thanks, I think you'll enjoy fighting that 7th Stage too!"

A few people overhear their back-and-forth, and already begin whispering and readying their bets on an unknown fighter closely associated with the woman who just put on the performance of the night.

Abby teleports away, and Maria stands next to me, letting out quite the long sigh.

"I dropped down to nearly 20% in my stores, that was exhausting... But very eye-opening."

I cross my arms and look up at the screen displaying Abby readying a fist-fighting stance with her two bonded daggers on her waist.

"Yeah, It's not going to be easy figuring this out. I have a few ideas, but we're going to need a lot of time and practice."

We place our bets and the matches begin.

Rounds 1-5 go just the same as Maria's.

I turn 81 Platinum into 89, going all in every time. At this point in the tournament, everyone knows that a new participant named the "Emerald Warrior" won't lose early this late into the night.

The crowd still enjoys her presence, and in return, Abby puts on quite the show. Using her stone magic to hop around the ring while glowing bright green, she punches her opponents into bits with Qi-infused fists.

Blasts of rock and green energy fly around in all directions to mask her blows, making it seem as if the monsters she's defeating are turned to stone the moment they're hit and crumble to pieces.

On the 6th stage, she's matched up against one of the extremely quick lizard creatures that carries a spear.

Using her earth magic, she materializes a floating spear of her own to block the monster's fast-paced constant attacks. Meanwhile, the green-haired hunter focuses very hard on infusing Qi into her daggers.