Chapter 244

"It's been a while, but it's time to upgrade another skill..."

While looking down at my status I check the proficiency points available to me.

______________________

PP: 231

______________________

We continue to fly around in circles narrowly dodging the monster's bright blue energy attacks.

I need to make it through this monster's defenses and take in enough mana to continue battling at a steady rate. I'll either need to up my mana control drastically, or use the points available to me and upgrade a skill.

Leaving the dungeon right now isn't an option. I told my teammates I'd clear it, so that's what I'm doing...

I'm less than 20 points away from being able to upgrade my next legendary skill, Absorption.

That's the only reason I've been saving them up for so long.

It's the skill that has gotten me this far. All thanks to being able to take the powers from monsters I kill, I've been able to defy the odds and get stronger much faster than everyone around me.

Though... in a scenario like this, what's absorption good for if I can't defeat the monsters with the skills I'm trying to steal?

I scroll down my list and choose the logical decision.

If it's Tier 2 mana control I have to contend with, then I'll just make my own version of it.

____________________

Plunderer

Info: Plunderer allows the user to take mana from opponents once physical contact is made. Mana crystals and other magic items may be plundered.

The effectiveness of the user's ability to plunder decreases if the average mana control output of their opponent is higher than their own. It is much more efficient to plunder weaker enemies.

MP may be consumed in mana-rich dungeon environments, but effectiveness is severely lacking compared to direct contact plundering.

Grade: [No Grade]

[Upgrade]

____________________

I click Upgrade as two blue blades shoot by my head and the rumble of dozens more freshly spawned in mutants approach.

____________________

Upgrade: 50PP

[No Grade] -> [Special Grade]

The [Special Grade] Plunderer skill allows the user to plunder opponents up to 50% greater mana control than their own with equal proficiency to their own level.

The [Special Grade] Plunderer skill allows the user to absorb MP from dungeons with much higher proficiency. Even when mana is not visible to the naked eye, it may be plundered all the same. Contact with any dungeon mass is also considered a viable link to plunder MP.

The [Special Grade] Plunderer skill will not affect the dungeon's structural integrity. It will only limit the amount of monsters available to respawn from the source.

____________________

Without batting an eye, I click upgrade and immediately feel a difference.

I activate my plunderer skill, to charge up an attack, and feel every free-floating mana particle in the air begin to move in towards my body, down my arms, and into my sword.

It's like breathing in fresher air than I ever knew existed. No MP potions or strengthening fragments can beat the pure feeling of power that's just entered my veins.