Chapter 234

Two gems no more than 3 centimeters wide fall to the floor where the massive Blue Ogres were defeated.

They're both pale white, semi-transparent, with a glossy finish, and radiate with light blue energy just like the mana shielding from the monsters that were just killed.

Instantly I activate Appraisal to see what these odd-looking gems are.

"I've never seen anything like this..."

__________________________

Blue Ogre's Essence [Shard]

__________________________

I look closer and activate my All-Seeing Eye. The [i] icon shows up next to each shard on their appraisal text.

I open the new information tab as all my teammates stand around the two crystals not daring to touch them just yet.

__________________________

Blue Ogre's Essence [Shard]

Info: A shard of the Blue Ogre's essence. Excess mana from a Blue Ogre Dungeon has been contained in crystal form.

Class: C+

Type: Consumable

Durability[MP Output]: 50.2k/50.2k

__________________________

Blue Ogre's Essence [Shard]

Info: A shard of the Blue Ogre's essence. Excess mana from a Blue Ogre Dungeon has been contained in crystal form.

Class: C+

Type: Consumable

Durability[MP Output]: 49.7k/49.7k

__________________________

My eyes dart over the text that hovers above the two small white crystals, then I read every line out for my teammates to hear as well.

Abby gulps, then picks one of the shards up in the air, keeping the glossy white gem at eye level.

"So they're mana-based consumables. Basically, overpowered and uncontrollable MP potions. So, 50k MP means they're 20 times stronger than a C-Class mana potion."

She smirks, then turns to Maria. The blond-haired hunter lifts the other white gem and stares down at it in her open palm.

I speak up.

"So... we can potentially use them for mana control training."

Arie comes over with his arms crossed.

"That's exactly what I was thinking. If it takes Abby and Maria under 10 potions each to farm these gems, that's a 2 times MP profit multiplier. It'll most likely take me less, and Jay, near 0 I'd assume. If we stock up, we could have enough for months worth of training after this mission."

Maria's eyes widen as she continues to look down at the white gem.

"But... 50 thousand MP... Won't that be painful...Or dangerous? The recovery time for using that much mana so quickly would take days, no, maybe weeks!"

I nod slowly but don't say a word yet.

Maria is right.

These shards must work similarly to the strengthening fragments I've harvested from Titans. Although, by the sound of it, these shards are much less intense.

A strengthening fragment allows the user to release as much MP as possible from an endless void of energy. In my experience, the more It's used, the more it releases until an unknown timer finishes.