Volume 8, Chapter 2 - "The Chosen Ones"

(Y/N's P.o.V)

I was quickly told the news about what had happened to Teams RWBY and JNR after I lost consciousness during the battle at the park. After hearing what my parents and my teammates had to say, let's just say that I wasn't coping well. Why couldn't anything ever go right?! Why?! And worst of all, I blamed myself for not being strong enough to stop Spectre on my own and protect my friends. I ended up disappearing in the middle of the night, not bothering to tell anyone where I was going or what time I would be back home, just to drink myself under the table at the bar - I think I had a problem back then, especially when I suffered a horrible slice of misfortune such as this. In the end, I was so intoxicated that I couldn't even stand up straight, and when I came wobbling through the door, both my parents and my teammates were there waiting for me, arms crossed. I tried to look innocent, but I physically couldn't, no matter how much I struggled.

Christine: "What a pitiful state to be in."

(Y/N): "W-What?"

Mum: "(Y/N), look how drunk you are!"

(Y/N): "W-Who? Moi? I'm... I'm not drunk."

Mum: "You are!"

(Y/N): "I am not... fu*king drunk."

Mum: "Can you tell the time?"

(Y/N): "Y-Yeah."

Although I don't remember it myself, I was told that I turned to the clock, pointed at it and talked to it, putting emphasis on every word to make my point that had as many holes in it as Swiss cheese.

(Y/N): "I am not fu*king drunk."

I heard Ryan and my father sniggering hardly at this. But then, everyone lunged forward to catch me when I stumbled forward. I was carried to the Living Room and gently set down on the sofa. It was then that my body decided to give way and I passed out.

The next morning...

It turned out that everyone had made sure that I was taken up to my bedroom to rest off my intoxication, but that didn't stop the banging headache I had when I woke up. Gods, hangovers were brutal. I groaned all the way down to the kitchen where I found Ryan in an apron mixing some fruits, spices and many other things in a blender. The noise was splitting my head open!

(Y/N): "Turn it off! Turn it off!"

Ryan did as I told him to and the noise slowly faded away. I let out a sigh of relief and sank down onto one of the counters to keep myself from falling over.

Ryan: "You look like me when I had my first hangover. Here. Drink this, it's my hangover cure, 'does wonders."

He filled up a glass with the strange, orange liquid he had concocted and passed it over to me. I shrugged my shoulders and took a sip of it. It was without a doubt the most horrible thing I had ever drunk in my life! I gagged as I stumbled over to the table and sat down on a chair. Ryan, Christine and Brady joined me. I noticed that they were all dressed in some of my shirts and trousers.

Ryan: "Ha-ha! What were you expecting? Peaches and cream?"

(Y/N): "It's good, Ryan. It's good. Um, why are you lot wearing my clothes?"

Christine: "Ours are covered in mud, blood and are torn to hell and back."

Brady: "Thank you for letting us stay, little buddy."

(Y/N): "Of course, I'd never turn you away. You three are like siblings to me."

But then, my mind trailed back to Teams RWBY and JNR; I had a depressed disposition which my teammates soon noticed.