Volume 11, Chapter 1 - "Making Amends"

(No one's P.o.V)

Sunset over Amnesty Academy. The students were preparing to leave their final classes and head back to their dorm rooms for the night. Everything was slowing down to a calming stillness as the island was covered with a blanket of orange light from the setting sun. The world after the Tempest Run was in a temporary state of peace. For once, no guns were being shot, no swords being swung and no blood being pointlessly spilt. For once, both planets were calm and civil. And, the people just did not know what to do. Some were frustrated that the war was going to continue, and some were just grateful for the break from it, however short it may have been. One thing that everybody, Earthlings and Remnantians alike, shared was that everyone was tired and battered in one way or another. This momentary pause in the fighting was truly a blessing and at Amnesty Academy, it was also considered as such. For lying soundlessly in the infirmary were four Huntresses. They each had IV drips in their arms and they had been dressed in hospital gowns. It was Team RWBY. And standing beside their resting forms, watching over them to the continued beeping of the heart monitors, were their families. They were all there: Qrow, Raven, Taiyang, Kali, Ghira and Winter. The doors to the infirmary opened and in stepped Ryan, Christine and Brady.

Taiyang: "We came as soon as we heard."

Christine: "How are they?"

Qrow: "They're stable but they still haven't woken up."

Christine: "It's been three days now."

Ryan: "... Hey, Winter? Where's Whitley and your mother?"

Winter: "Hm? Oh, Whitley stayed behind at the manor. After that fiasco with our father... Mother is in an... undesirable state of mind. We decided that he should stay to help her and I should come here to watch over Weiss."

Ryan: "Ah, okay. Makes sense."

Kali: "Isn't there anything you can do to wake them up?"

Ryan: "Hm... I know! Maybe it's not a coma, maybe it's just a deep sleep! Or maybe they're just stunned by the serum! Why don't we give them the Kiss of Life?"

Christine: "Yeah-! Wait a minute! No, we will not! You sad pervert! We've got our friends trapped in comas here and your first idea is to sexually assault them!"

Ryan: "Kris! I resent that remark. I know I will stoop low to "get my end away" as some say on this planet, but I most certainly am above tonguing helpless coma victims!"

Raven: "Regardless, it won't work. Tch! Trying to revive them with the Kiss of Life when they're suffering the aftereffects of Grimm infection. I think they might be a bit beyond that."

Ryan sighed and looked around for something to help wake their friends up. He then spots a cupboard and starts rummaging around in it.

Ryan: "Hold on!"

Just then, Ryan turned around, putting on a pair of pink rubber washing-up gloves in full view of his friends, much to Christine's horror!

Ryan: "I've got a better idea-"

Christine: "NO!!!! NO, RYAN, NO!!!!! HAVE YOU NO SHAME?!?! NO, IT'S DISGUSTING!!! IT'S NOT NATURAL!!! Besides, you've got to wash the dishes in those later."

Ryan then pulled out Black Omen and placed two electricity Dust crystals in their respective chambers. He twirled the sais and ignited the Dust, sending a strong electrical current through them.

Christine: "Oh, that's what you're doing! I thought you were gonna- uh, never mind."

Ryan: "Right, unbutton their gowns."