Volume 6, Chapter 6 - "Court Order"

(No one's P.o.V)

It had been a couple of days after (Y/N) had finally relented his opposition to training (BF/N) but he had not told him that he would do so yet; he had been preparing something to apologise for his attitude towards the matter. Meanwhile, (BF/N) was in a secluded area of the park with Ruby, Weiss, Blake and Yang; he wanted to show them his Semblance. He demonstrated his Pyrokinesis to them by showing them his lighter trick, they were both surprised and impressed that he had managed to unlock his Semblance on his own without any previous training. However, his experience as to how it worked was still extremely limited and so he soon made a serious mistake but he was too busy sulking while flicking a flame into the air and catching it like a coin to notice. The four girls noticed his gloomy disposition but just as Blake was about to speak up for them, (BF/N)'s body gave off a dim flash of red and the flame suddenly burnt (BF/N)'s hand, causing it to fall from his hand as he let out a yelp of pain and began fanning his hand in an effort to cool it down! Luckily, Yang's reflexes kicked in and she stamped the flame out before it could set the grass on fire.

(BF/N): "What the hell just happened?!"

Weiss: "Isn't it obvious? Your Aura broke."

(BF/N): "Oh. Well, that didn't last very long, then."

Ruby: "Don't worry, it'll recharge soon."

(BF/N): "I know. I do know a lot about these types of things, especially Aura."

Yang: "Yeah, I don't think the Internet is the best place to look up this type of thing."

Ruby: "Why not? If there's more to learn, I'll go and search it up."

Yang: "No! Ruby, you wouldn't like the Internet."

Ruby: "Why not?"

Yang: "I JUST KNOW, ALRIGHT!!!"

While Yang was busy trying to save Ruby's innocence, Weiss and Blake noticed that (BF/N)'s expression had become even more miserable when his thoughts trailed back to what (Y/N) said to him a few nights ago.

Blake: "Are you alright? You seem a little down."

(BF/N): "I'm sorry, it's just everything with my Semblance and (Y/N); I'm absolutely fed up."

Weiss: "Honestly, I think it's absurd that you two are quarrelling about something as trivial as this! I don't get it, you and (Y/N) used to be so close."

Yang: "Speak of the Devil."

Everyone turned their heads to see (Y/N) coming down the path towards the isolated section of the park they were in; his expression showed that he was unsure or nervous about something but also demonstrated the sense of importance in his serious demeanour. When he arrived and he and (BF/N) made eye-contact, the whole area fell silent.

(Y/N): "(BF/N)."

(BF/N): "(Y/N)."

Ruby: "Hehe. Well, this is about as comfortable a bed of nails. Hehe. We'll just... leave you to it."

(BF/N): "No, stay. This won't last long, anyway."

Even more awkward silence filled the air, tension radiating from the two boys as they stared at each other. (BF/N) noticed something on the collar of (Y/N)'s (F/C) jacket: a cross made from a material not of Earth origin. When he realised that (BF/N) was looking at it, (Y/N) quickly placed his hand over it to shield it from sight.

(BF/N): "Hold on, is that?"

(Y/N): "It's nothing, just something I found in Remnant. It's precious to me..."