Volume 3, Chapter 9 - "Phantom: Unlocked"

(Y/N's P.o.V)

I was discharged from the infirmary the next night, I specifically asked to only be let out at night because I didn't want to encounter too many people as I was walking back to my room, especially with my Phantom outfit on because I definitely was not going to wander the halls in pyjamas. I was told that Jaune had volunteered to walk me back to my dorm room, apparently, he was told that if I felt light-headed or anything like that, I was to be brought back to the infirmary immediately. Happily, none of that happened. However, I was very tired and Jaune noticed this as we were walking down the last few corridors to the hall where our dorm rooms were.

Jaune: "You look exhausted."

(Y/N): "That's because I am. It's just the medicines taking effect, I'll be fine tomorrow."

Jaune: "If I were you, I'd take it easy tonight. Relax and get some rest."

(Y/N): "I plan to... that is if that idiot Ryan doesn't attack me first."

Jaune: "Wait! What?"

(Y/N): "It's a little training program we agreed to do. We each take it in turns to try and 'assassinate' each other every night. However, I am normally the victim, rather than him. That's why you can hear us screaming some nights, I was fending off his assault."

Jaune: "R-Right. Well, why don't you just tell him not to do it tonight?"

(Y/N): "Oh, I wish I could, Jaune, but it's not as simple as that. I have given Ryan strict instructions to always attack whenever I least expect it. He will show no mercy in the lengths he would go to just to fulfil his promise. Just you wait, right now he's probably concocting some devious little plan for another ambush."

Jaune: "You have a... unique relationship with your teammates."

(Y/N): "That's an understatement."

About five minutes later, we arrived at the quiet corridor that our rooms stood beside. I shook Jaune's hand.

(Y/N): "Wish me luck."

Jaune: "Goodnight and... good luck, I guess."

Once Jaune had gone back to his own room, I drew my sword and extended Requiem's blade. Sword at my side, I slowly entered the room and turned on the light. It was quiet... too quiet. So, I called out to my regular assailant. As I was calling out to him, I started checking everywhere around the room, searching for that idiot that I called my teammate.

(Y/N): "Ryyyaaaan? Ryyyyaaaan? RYAN!!! Ryan, pay attention, this is your leader speaking! I'm afraid I'm going to have to cancel tonight's attack! Repeat, I am cancelling the attack orders for tonight. Do you understand? Now, I know that I have told you to show no mercy... and to attack... and to pay no attention to what I say. But, tonight- HA-CHA!!!"

Once I got the chance, I immediately kicked the space under the desk but my boot made no connection with anything under it, except the wall. So, I lifted my sword back to my side and got into a stance, scanning the room for any glimpse of movement.

(Y/N): "But, tonight, I am ordering you to pay attention! You will not attack, Ryan!"

There was no reply. The room was still. I didn't like it one bit.

(Y/N): ("It's obvious that scheming little swine is not paying attention...") "I know you're not listening to me... where are you? Are you... IN THE BATHROOM?! No... how about... IN THE CUPBOARD OF MANY THINGS?! HA-CHA! No? Are you... HIDING ON THE CEILING?!"

Suddenly, I heard a loud banging on the wall and soon a voice followed it from behind the wall.

Weiss: "Would you please shut up?! People are trying to sleep!!!"