Volume 6, Chapter 3 - "A Sparring Session"

(No one's P.o.V)

In the meeting room of Evernight Castle, all the members of the Sovereign Assembly sat at the table, awaiting their leader's return. Afton, above all, was growing most anxious from the lack of the dark lord's presence for such a long time; he stood impatiently by the window, watching over the dark seas and the grey skies overhead, trying to spot any trace of movement in the vast oceans surrounding the castle.

Zander: "I do wish you would stop worrying, Afton. He'll be fine."

Afton: "Oh, I don't know... you remember the rumours. I heard one once where one guy went at him with top-of-the-range armour and weapons and came out with one of his arms missing and half his body scratched away by razor-sharp feathers. Gods, Spectre, where are you? He should've been back by now, it's been eighteen hours!"

Just then, someone started banging hard on the doors leading into the meeting room. From behind the doors, they could hear someone shouting to them but they couldn't decipher what it was they were shouting because the doors were too thick for the sound to pass through clearly. All of a sudden, a black glove-covered fist struck through the wood and unlocked it from the outside before slipping away! Then, with a kick from his boot, the doors swung open and there stood Spectre; his outfit was torn, his mask was fractured, he was covered in his own blood and he was suffering from a terrible limp.

Spectre: "Hey."

And with that, he lost balance and slammed into the ground, knocking himself unconscious. The Sovereign Assembly immediately rushed to his aid, carrying him to one of his regeneration pods in one of the many rooms of the castle as quickly as possible; his Aura was broken and so couldn't heal him fast enough for him to survive his ordeal with the Blackbird. Once they had taken his mask off and placed the oxygen mask on his face, they waited as the closed pod began to fill up with a cyan liquid, which started to heal his various wounds as it touched them. After about half an hour in the pod, Spectre suddenly opened his eyes and gasped for air as the regeneration process was complete, however, he wouldn't stay there for long as the pod's glass lid shattered with a clench of his fist and he fell into Sycamore's arms, still feeling woozy; it was a side effect of the regeneration process. He stared at his broken mask on the ground and growled in anger, then, his memories came flooding back to him and his face was plagued with an expression of great terror!

Sycamore: "Now, come on, don't move, you'll only make the regeneration sickness worse. You're gonna be fine."

Afton: "What the hell happened on that mountain?!"

With the remnants of what energy he had left due to the regeneration sickness, he brought himself to speak.

Spectre: "He has become far too strong... he's beyond even us now..."

That's all he said to them, nothing more. It was then that the regeneration sickness became too much for him, he needed to rest so he fell asleep there and then, leaving his Sovereign Assembly members in disbelief as they looked at each other, trying to compute in their minds what he had just told them.

Meanwhile...

Back on Earth, (BF/N) was entering the gym that was located just beyond the town centre. The room he went to was the third one from the right as you came in from the main hall into a corridor. Inside was a multitude of fitness equipment including treadmills, chest-press machines, leg press machines and punching bags. And, amongst all the regulars of the gym, there stood one more person punching one of the punching bags. He was listening to Bat Out of Hell on his MP3 Player; he could tell because the volume was turned all the way up. (BF/N) walked up to him and tapped him on the shoulder, the person placed the headphones around his neck once he noticed him.