Volume 7, Chapter 2 - "Secret Fear"

(Y/N's P.o.V)

Despite the anxiousness of Teams RWBY and JNR, I let Cinder, Mercury and Emerald join us. There was not much point in fighting each other if we were all fighting against the same person, after all. I didn't expect this to go smoothly, though, because once we got back home and I told my parents about what had happened and what had been decided, they had a few things to say.

Mum and Dad: "Absolutely not!"

My mum and dad had finally cracked, they told me that the situation had gone too far, especially now that I was trying to convince them to let Cinder, Mercury and Emerald stay as well. We were all sat around the dining table discussing the matter.

(Y/N): "Please! We can't just abandon them!"

Mum: "(Y/N), thanks to what's been going on, we can bearly manage to squeeze your other friends in, let alone three more! I'm sorry but we just can't take in any more people."

Dad: "To be honest, I don't mind it anymore, however, I have some problems with the company you keep. Good guys, fine. Villains, complaints."

(Y/N): "But, they're not villains, just misguided! Consider this their redemption arc! If that won't convince you, then just put yourselves in their position for a second. They have nowhere else to go, just like everyone else, they came to us for help and now you're saying we just kick them out?"

Cinder: "Actually, the only reason we came here was to see if you lot had a way back to Remnant or not but it now seems clear to me that you don't."

(Y/N): "You're not helping."

Cinder: "Hey, if it was up to me, I wouldn't be here right now. The only reason I'm here is that you defeated me and I had to agree to your terms; it's the way things work in my world."

(Y/N): "What is your problem?"

Cinder: "I'll tell you. My problem is that I don't want to be within a thousand feet of you lot."

Jaune: "Here, here!"

(Y/N): "This is a nightmare."

Emerald: "So, what now?"

(Y/N): "Well, if you guys can't stay here, then there's only one thing we can do."

Emerald: "What?"

(Y/N): "We'll just have to find you guys another place to live. I'll use some of the cash from our Huntsman service and rent out an apartment in the town or something."

Cinder: "Perfect, let's go."

Just as she was about to leave, I stopped Cinder from opening the door and motioned for her to come back inside.

(Y/N): "Wait a minute! Come here."

I spotted Cinder rolling her eyes in irritation as she walked back to me. I made direct eye-contact with her as I spoke the truth to her.

(Y/N): "Cinder, I am putting my trust in you three. But, I know how ill-tempered you are. So, I want you to promise me that none and you will commit any malevolent acts if I let you find your own accommodation."