Volume 2, Chapter 1 - "Back to School"

(Y/N's P.o.V)

After another long day of work on the car that I had brought back from the junkyard, I found that I had accidentally slept in the driver's seat!

???: "You work too hard, you know?"

The person who spoke to me was Melissa, Ryan's older sister that he had told me to watch out for. Luckily for me, she wasn't much of a handful but she was a bit of a handful nonetheless. I didn't really have time for her jokes and teasing because I had spent all of my precious time into perfecting this project. I had fitted all sorts of modifications, weapons and parts, with some help from everyone of course.

(Y/N): "Oh God, I just remembered. I've got to go back to Beacon today. Is Ryan back yet?"

Melissa: "Yes but he had to go pay off his debts, he said he'd meet you at Beacon with your teammates."

(Y/N): "Cool."

I stepped out of the car and took a step back to admire my handiwork. The car was the same shape but all evidence of decay and age had seemingly vanished, it looked brand new! I had repainted the car white and it had two red stripes starting from the bottom of the car's doors running all the way to the bonnet, where they joined together into my emblem which I had designed for myself; a silhouette of my mask. The interior was red leather and the steering wheel had many different buttons on it which each activated one of the car's many functions, I got the idea from an old cartoon I used to watch as a kid.

[A/N]: Can anyone guess which one it is?

(Y/N): "Well, what do you think?"

Melissa: "It looks pretty cool."

(Y/N): "You'll think even more highly of it after this. Watch."

After I got back in the car, I pressed the button that was highest up on the steering wheel and the car was lifted into the air by powerful jacks that were pushed out from the bottom.

(Y/N): "With this, I can make quick fixes to anything that goes wrong underneath. Plus, I can also use the jacks to jump short distances! That's not all though, check this out!"

I pressed the Axle Release button on the dashboard, next to the gear stick, and, once the axle had adjusted, I turned right and pressed hard on the accelerator and the car did an one hundred and eighty degree turn! Once again, idea came from a cartoon... well, this one came from the live-action adaptation.

Melissa: "Um... what's the point in that?"

(Y/N): "Better cornering. Although, it doesn't really work when the car is up in the air."

I pressed the jack button again and the car was lowered down to the ground. I got out and walked down to the guest room to get my things ready for the trip back to Beacon. I felt a rumble in my pocket and found that Ryan had left me a message: 'At Beacon now with everyone! Where are you?!'. I looked at the clock on my Scroll and saw that I was going to be late!

(Y/N): "Oh God, why am I always late for everything?!"

I ran back down to the garage, flying past Francine in the process! I helped her back up and she shoved my bag into my hands, she obviously knew that I had to rush over to Beacon too.

Francine: "Quick! Go, go!"

(Y/N): "Guess it's now a good idea to 'test drive' the car!"

Once I had arrived back at the garage, I literally jumped into the car and turned the key, which made the car start with a loud rumble. After I had remotely opened the garage door, I pressed hard on the accelerator and the car shot out of the garage; it felt as if it was faster than lightning!