Volume 5, Chapter 9 - "Aroused Suspicions"

(Y/N's P.o.V)

I was stood on the bridge overlooking the river, staring out towards the setting sun, which embraced the land in its warm orange arms as the sunbeams dancing on the glistening crystal blue water below. I often found that the gentle rays that radiated from the sun at this time between day and night, combined with the charming scenery, melted away all of my tensions that I had bottled up inside of myself. To be honest, I had grown to prefer the nighttime than the daytime, probably due to my other persona, but my normal side of me did still enjoy the comforts and luxuries granted by Apollo's day-star. I stayed on the bridge for a while as I always did when I was walking back from work - I would've taken my car since I had gotten my driving licence a month ago but I always needed to calm my nerves after every stressful day. Yes, the days since the girls appeared on Earth were quite stressful but I didn't want to tell them that because they'll just worry and try to help... which only ends in failure as demonstrated when Ryan let it slip that I was feeling ill a year ago when I specifically told him not to. Not a single sound was heard as I relaxed on the stone wall of the bridge, looking out over the river as it flowed soothingly away from (H/T). Even though I was in complete isolation, I felt quite at ease. Then, I thought I heard something behind me. I spun around just in time to block the blade of a sword that had been swung by a figure in a dark cloak with a glyph and kick that person away! The hooded assailant swiftly got back on their feet with a quick spin and lunged in for another attack; I was hounded with quick, powerful strikes from their blade but my reflexes were faster, I managed to dodge and block each and every blow. I refrained from using my Semblance as much as possible as I wasn't sure of the identity of this attacker and I didn't want to kill anyone but I knew I had to end it quickly. So, I jabbed them in the stomach and snatched the weapon from their hands, following that up with a swift uppercut to the jaw and a kick in the chest, sending them crashing into the stone wall behind them. The force generated from my counterattack forced the hood off their face, I smiled when I recognised who it was.

Blake: "Ngn... damn it, I lost."

(Y/N): "Blake? Hehe. I knew I recognised that sword. I should've known it was you. Although I must admit, you did catch me off guard. Didn't expect to be ambushed into a sparring session."

I held out my hand towards her and she took it; I helped Blake back onto her feet.

Blake: "I thought that maybe if I caught you unawares, it would shake you off your form and put you at a disadvantage, allowing me to defeat you. Apparently though, it did not work."

(Y/N): "But, I'm sure you'll all keep trying. Come on, let's go home."

We both started to walk back to the house just as the sun was about to finish setting so that night may cast its vast shadow over the land, serenading people into sleep. It was still dawn when we turned around a corner and saw two people standing by a red Jaguar F-TYPE convertible; the two people were (BF/N) and Tom and they were standing by a block of garages.

Blake: "Oh, damn."

(Y/N): "Didn't expect these two to still be up. I'll go talk to them, distract them for a while. You go straight across this street, take a left, go round the bypass and it'll take you back to the house without anyone seeing you but remember to keep your hood down."

Blake: "Thanks for the tip."

(Y/N): "See you at home."

Blake: "Bye."

With that, I made my way towards the two boys and the car while Blake discreetly walked across the street, being careful not to be seen.

(Y/N): "Hey, lads."

(BF/N): "Hey!"

Tom: "Hello, (Y/N)! What are you doing here?"

(Y/N): "I was about to ask you that myself."