Volume 3, Chapter 1 - "Calm Before The Storm"

(Y/N's P.o.V)

Ryan, Christine, Brady and I were all standing in Professor Ozpin's office. He was sat down at his desk with Glynda at his side and a coffee mug in his hands. General Ironwood was standing to the side with his hands behind his back. I wasn't concerned about anything else, all I wanted was answers and I wanted them quick.

(Y/N): "Alright, then. Professor Ozpin, how do you know Spectre?"

Ozpin: "Well, it's a long story. It goes back to when I was attending this school, along with Glynda here."

Ryan: "Hang on, I thought you built this school! How can you attend it if you were the headmaster from the start?!"

Glynda: "That's not actually true."

Ryan: "What?"

Glynda: "We made it up, it's fake history."

Christine: "But... but why?"

Ozpin: "I assure all of you, there is a reason why I had our years at this academy erased from the history books and replaced with a lie."

Glynda: "And, as we all know, that reason has one name: Spectre."

Professor Ozpin took a small sip of his coffee before he explained his relationship with him to us, his voice humble and low as he did so.

Ozpin: "Spectre was once one of my closest friends. We weren't on the same team though, just good friends."

(Y/N): "Are you sure? Because, when I fought him, he seemed pretty annoyed at you. Besides, he looks pretty young to have been attending Beacon at the same time as you. I-I mean, no offense but... he looked our age."

Ozpin: "There's a reason for that but I'll tell you later. Anyway, when he first arrived in Beacon as an exchange student, he was always very isolated from the other students and even his own team."

(Y/N): "Why was that?"

Ozpin: "Well, he told me that it was because he had a severe deformity that he had to cover up with that theatre mask he was wearing. However, the solution was probably worse than the problem, it scared people away from him."

I sighed when he said that, made me feel sorry for the guy because I could relate to him. Some people were afraid of me because of my secrets that I do not reveal, sometimes I enjoyed it, but other times I didn't.

(Y/N): "I know the feeling."

Ozpin: "Contrary to popular belief, he was one of the strongest students that I had ever seen. I don't think I've met any Huntsman like him since we separated."

Ryan: "What could've caused you two to separate if you were best buds? Surely, you would've at least stayed in touch if he had to leave."

Ozpin: "Unfortunately, it wasn't that simple."

Silence fell upon the room like a forty-ton weight. Then, Ozpin looked at Glynda for a moment and returned his gaze to us after she had solemnly nodded to him.

Ozpin: "Do you four know the story of the four relics of Remnant?"

Ryan: "From start to finish."

Ozpin: "Oh, really? How?"

(Y/N): "I-I told them, sir. And more... I think you know what I'm talking about."

Ozpin then smiled, which is exactly what I did not expect him to do, I expected him to be at least a little stern with me.

Ozpin: "You seem to know a lot for someone as young as you are, (Y/N)."

(Y/N): "I have my sources. Anyway, what did Spectre do?"