Volume 8, Chapter 3 - "Glistening RWBY"

(No one's P.o.V)

It was exactly two o'clock, the sun had long since passed the highest position it could achieve within twenty-four hours. The setting was the United Nations Headquarters in New York City. Every country that was a member of this organisation had attended this very important meeting and even some representatives from the countries that were not part of the UN. Meanwhile, someone was arriving at the General Assembly Hall. Once the doors opened, the entire hall fell silent, all the government officials watching the movements of the man that had entered the hall and was now walking towards the podium so that he could speak to the entire organisation.

Spectre: "So, this is the welcome you give an emperor? Heh. I dread to think about what you would give a normal man."

US Official: "So, you're the man responsible for that attack on the citizens of (H/T), (Country)? Not to mention that you have arrived thirty minutes late for this meeting."

Spectre: "My name is Spectre, and yes, I am the one in charge of the military force known as the Imperial Integrity Division. I apologise for my late arrival but I had decided that this wasn't important enough to waste my time on. I decided instead to take a look around your planet, but my council members eventually persuaded me to go. This better not take too long, I have a planet to govern."

UK Official: "You have been visiting multiple countries on this planet? How did you do that so fast?"

Spectre: "Heh. With the power of the Dimension Storm, I can go wherever I want when I want to."

Japan Official: "So, the rumours are true. There are alternate dimensions to ours. We believed that it was just another theory, especially after hearing that children were using magic to fight monsters."

Spectre: "That magic you speak of is generated in fact by my planet's Dust crystals, but that is beside the point. Now, you summoned me here. What do you want?"

China Official: "We convened this emergency meeting of this council once we saw the incredible power possessed by you and your forces. We want you to provide us with the truth. Panic is spreading, the world needs to know what happened during the battle at (H/T) and we need to know what you stand for."

Spectre: "What I stand for?"

China Official: "Who are you, Spectre? What are your intentions?"

Spectre: "I, gentlemen, have been part of the watchful eyes that have been observing the planet of Remnant for aeons silently in the darkness. The false peace that the Remnantians enjoyed before I took over was the results of my actions. As Salem's assassin, I was eliminating threats around the world. The anti-faunus Remnant People's Militia, the Seraph Cult Invasion, not to mention many terrorists and corrupt officials. I understand that many of your intelligence agencies have consulted my planet's databases for information. I don't exactly appreciate that, but since it's only historical documents and societal reports on the present day, I'll let it slide this time. However, even with the research you've done, none of you, and possibly none of my people for that matter, will recognise these crises but that is because I eliminated them before they became true threats. You may have heard of the recent revolution that's befallen Remnant. That was my work as well."

Russia Official: "You single-handedly overthrew your government?!"

Spectre: "That's four governments to be exact, and that's rich coming from you considering your country's... reputation, shall we say? I only did what was necessary to ensure Remnant's survival. They were war-mongering dogs and needed to be put down. Now, it may be in your best interest to know that I have also done my research. I was planning to leave you and your planet alone, I thought that you all would be civilised enough to sort things out among yourselves. However, after I took in what you have done, and are continuing to do, to this planet, I came to the conclusion that something needs to be done. Just like Remnantians, Earthlings will never be able to understand each other. You aren't capable of peace, you're only capable of hatred and destruction. And for that, you must be purified."