Volume 4, Chapter 2 - "Walking Our Own Path"

(Y/N's P.o.V)

I just had to take one more look at Vale before I left for Haven. Luckily for me, most of the creatures of Grimm were being attracted to Beacon Academy rather than the city streets themselves. I did have to fend a few off now and again but apart from that, the streets were mostly deserted. It felt strange... being the only human being walking on the pavement of the city; I was used to the streets being full of people and keeping busy until the sun went down. Then, I came across the clothes shop where I had bought my Phantom outfit however, it was now just a crumbling ruin. I sighed and continued wandering down the street. Eventually, I found the From Dust Till Dawn Dust shop. The structure of the building had held but it was in pretty bad shape.

(Y/N): "This is where it all started for me..."

I decided to take a look inside. Most of the shelves had been torn off the walls and the glass cabinets had all been smashed, there was also powdered Dust all over the floor. I walked over to the magazine stands and pulled one out. While I was reading, I was reliving what happened there just a year ago.

(Y/N): "Sure, I quite enjoy having a sword pointed at my heart. One good thing I can say about your henchmen is... well... they aim to please. Hehe."

Roman: "Very clever but can you please keep your comments to a minimum?"

(Y/N): "Okay... okay. I'll shut up."

Henchman 2: "I said, put your hands in the air, now!"

Ruby: "Are you... robbing me?"

Henchman 2: "Yes!"

Ruby: "Ohhh..."

Once I was finished, I put the magazine back onto the stand. Just before I left, I gathered up as many Dust crystals as I possibly could; it was stupid just to let it go to waste. I knew that the spot where I had woken up after that lightning bolt had struck me was only a few blocks from there. I was adamant to find out why that phenomenon had happened but I wasn't exactly an expert in astrology, physics etc. so yeah... a bit difficult to figure it out. After a short walk, I found the spot where I had awakened in Remnant for the first time. I knelt down and ran my hand over the cracked concrete, questioning for what astronomical reason fate decided to bring me there. Then, I heard the sound of a building collapsing so I looked up and I saw Glynda breathing heavily while she was on her knees; she was trying to use her Semblance to fix one of the buildings on the street. She looked exhausted and I did not blame the woman, I knew how much a Semblance takes out of someone. So, I got up and walked over to her.

(Y/N): "Need some help?"

When she saw me, Glynda smiled. Since my Aura had fully regenerated, it was easy for me to put the building back together. It took a while, due to my limited experience in using telekinesis, but eventually, the building looked as if nothing had happened to it! Afterwards, I helped the professor back onto her feet and let her catch her breath.

(Y/N): "Are you alright?"

Glynda: "I'm fine."

(Y/N): "So... what's the situation here?"

Glynda: "We've managed to secure a safe zone a bit further away from the city centre. We're trying to put the pieces back together but... it's a lost cause until we can find a way to stop that frozen Wyvern from attracting Grimm to the school."

(Y/N): "Think of it this way: if things can't get any worse, then they could only get better."

Glynda: "That's true."

Just then, Glynda waved her riding crop and, in an instant, a creature of Grimm that was charging at me was swept from the streets into the night sky! I was surprised I didn't sense it coming! Looked like I still had a lot to learn.