Volume 4, Chapter 9 - "Truths and Lies"

(Y/N's P.o.V)

After another long and hard day of travelling through deserted settlements, dodging hordes of Grimm, and general driving peril, we finally arrived at the city of Mistral and boy was the dreadful trip worth it. It was a beautiful city built on two mountains with various Asian-styled buildings covering them from top to bottom. There was also a platform that allowed the people to move further up the mountain; the further up you went, the prettier the surroundings. As soon as we arrived, I went up the platform and took a picture of the picturesque view on my Scroll. It was almost impossible to describe with words! We arrived with days to spare so we decided to go to a theme park that we had passed on the way over, about a couple of miles away from the city, to let off a bit of steam. Afterwards, we came back to the city of Mistral, feeling much better and rather refreshed due to finally being allowed to have a bit of fun for once.

(Y/N): "That was a great idea, Ryan. I'm glad we went there."

Ryan: "Thanks!"

(Y/N): "Still, I don't think you liked that looped rollercoaster too much, Brady."

Brady: "Sorry, little buddy. I'm not used to being upside down."

(Y/N): "Yeah, it's not a pleasant feeling, is it?"

Ryan: "I just want another go at that 'throwing the darts at the cards' thingy."

Christine: "Yeah, well that stall's closed now, isn't it? The proprietor's in the eye hospital."

Ryan: "Oh, right! Right. And, the waltzer's closed as well."

Christine: "Yes, it is."

Ryan: "I had no idea I had eaten so much. It went everywhere!"

(Y/N): "Yeah! Hehe. You looked like a sprinkler as you went round! I was awfully lucky I had that park official to stand behind. And, she was furious! You whiz around three times and she looked like the creature from the swamp."

Ryan: "I'm not sure that all of it was mine, you know? I don't remember eating all those horrible lumps of gristle."

Christine: "No, that was her face, Ryan."

Ryan: "Ah, right! Well, at least I feel better now, that's the main thing... which is surprising, really, considering the ghost train... unpleasantness..."

Christine: "Yeah, that was nasty."

Ryan: "Yeah."

(Y/N): "Yeah, wasn't coming out of your mouth that time, was it?"

Ryan: "Well, they shouldn't make them so scary, should they?!"

(Y/N): "Well, it's a lot scarier now, I can tell you! You have to put on oxygen masks to go in there now!"

Ryan: "To be honest, you guys were lucky you passed out, otherwise I doubt you would've made it through the ride."

(Y/N): "Best not thinking about."

Brady: "So, we've still got a day left, at least. What shall we do now?"

Ryan: "Can we please get something to eat? I'm starving!"

(Y/N): "Agreed. Come on, let's find a restaurant or something."

(No one's P.o.V)

Unbeknownst to Team Caliber, Cinder, Mercury and Emerald had successfully escaped from the Land of Darkness and the city of Mistral was the closest civilisation from the exit point of Cinder's route out of the Land of Darkness. By the time they arrived at Mistral, they were tired, exhausted and hungry so they decided to get something to eat as well. Mercury was the only one who noticed the Tachyon parked outside...