Volume 2, Chapter 5 - "Teacher and Student"

(Y/N's P.o.V)

After I had escaped from the underground labs, I met back up with my teammates back at Beacon, who were sick with worry. I introduced them to the shapeshifting Grimm I had befriended, which resulting in Christine having another fangirl episode. Interestingly enough, he took an instant liking to my teammates as well as myself. None of us were able to identify what type of Grimm he was so we agreed to take him to Professor Port after our classes, hoping that he'll be able to tell us what kind of Grimm he was. Unfortunately, that would prove to be much more difficult than we thought.

Port: "So, you're saying that it was created from a machine you found but is actually a biological creature of Grimm?"

(Y/N): "Yep. He's definitely not a machine, Tooth's totally real."

I looked over to him and saw that he had fallen onto his back, kicking his legs in the air in an effort to roll over and get back up. I sighed and helped him back onto his feet. Then, he started chewing on Professor Port's desk.

Port: "'Tooth'?"

Christine: "We put it to a vote. That's what we've decided to name him."

Ryan: "More like, what you decided to name him."

Christine: "I think it's a fitting name. We called him that because he constantly chews and chomps away on absolutely anything he can get his teeth on."

(Y/N): "Including me..."

Port then examined Tooth closer, it seems that Tooth wasn't too bothered about it though. He just yawned and scratched behind his ear with the claws on his foot whilst he was being examined. 

Port: "A creature of Grimm with shapeshifting abilities?"

He finished his examination and then he walked back over to us. Meanwhile, Tooth was trying to attack the diagrams of the creatures of Grimm on the wall behind Port's desk.

Port: "Any ideas of what kind of Grimm he is?"

(Y/N): "Not a clue, that's what we wanted to find out from you. Don't you know what type he is?"

Port: "How am I supposed to know?"

(Y/N): "Because you're a professor of Grimm Studies, Professor Port."

Port: "That's true. And, I thought I knew just about everything about them but this is the first I've heard of baby shapeshifting creatures of Grimm."

(Y/N): "Actually, when he was a Death Stalker, he was about full size."

Professor Port's anticipation and excitement was growing with every second as I explained the Death Stalker incident to him.

Port: "Are you joking?! How? How did you get him to transform?"

(Y/N): "I don't know... I was in trouble and Tooth just saved me. Here, let me give something a try. Tooth!"

As soon as I said his name, he stopped clawing at the diagrams, rushed over to us and looked up at me.

(Y/N): "O-Okay then. Um... could you please... give us a demonstration of your powers? Good lord, what am I saying?!"

However, it seemed that he understood me perfectly because, much to our surprise, he changed his shape so that he took on the form of a King Taijitu! His body was so huge that he almost couldn't fit inside the room. With a loud hiss coming from Tooth, Ryan was frozen from fear and the rest of us were staring in shock and wonder.

Ryan: "AHHHHHH!!!"

(Y/N): "TOOTH, GO BACK! REVERT! REVERT!!!"

He instantly obeyed my command by reverting back to his baby Creep form, he started making some strange baby noises as we all tried to slow our rapidly beating hearts.