Volume 3, Chapter 4 - "Growing Apprehensive"

[A/N]: Prepare for grammatically correct chapters now. I've just installed Grammarly and, luckily, it works on Wattpad. Yay!!!

(Spectre's P.o.V)

I was extremely annoyed! My order had not been delivered to me. What I got instead was two bruised, battered failures that I called my allies limping back to the base. No good news came after that but, instead of punishing them, I coped by devoting myself to my projects even more; I thought it was wasteful to make my allies weaker. As I looked at my Grimm serum in one of the conical flasks that I had picked up, I found myself smiling at its beauty, watching the colours change before my very eyes. Then, one of my henchmen, who was present at the docks on the night of the interrupted delivery, knelt before me. He may have been dressed in a dark, hooded cloak and also had a Grimm mask on his face but, as soon as he spoke, I recognised him to be Zander Viridian, one of my closest friends and a member of my own team.

Zander: "You summoned me, Spectre?"

Spectre: "Ah, Zander, I am pleased with the current pace of your training."

Zander: "So... nothing's wrong?"

Spectre: "Mmm... I wouldn't say that."

I then gently put my serum back in the box where I kept the other flasks, all of them filled with the same formula. I had recently started mass-producing my serum but, with each flask worth of it, I made slight adjustments to the recipe so that I could assess what worked best and what recipes I should continue with. Afterwards, I turned back to face Zander and told him to rise.

Spectre: "You were there, Zander. I am very disappointed that you hadn't managed to secure a simple delivery."

Zander: "I-I know. I'm sorry. I should've been more careful. Forgive my recklessness."

Spectre: "What's more, you still haven't given me a satisfactory explanation of what happened that night!"

Zander: "Well, I don't understand it myself, Spectre."

Spectre: "Well, that simply isn't good enough, is it?! Do you really think that Cinder, or even Salem for that matter, is going to believe that the reason why I'm not giving them any results is that my chemicals have 'magically' disappeared?!"

Zander: "Well, when you put it like that..."

Spectre: "Exactly! We'll all be in deep trouble! Besides, I doubt that the girl just took the chemicals for herself, she doesn't know the first thing about chemistry."

Zander: "What are you suggesting?"

Spectre: "Someone intercepted the delivery and my guess is that Ozpin sent them."

Zander: "Oh, that's just what we need."

Spectre: "Which is why we need to find out who was sent and why before it's too late!"

Zander: "May I suggest something, Spectre?"

Spectre: "Fine."

Zander: "Well, seeing as the kids are attending Beacon, you could get them to keep a close eye on potential suspects."

Spectre: "Hmm... good point."

Zander: "And, I was thinking. You know how you can create Grimm soldiers with that serum? Well, why not, instead of destroying the culprit, use that on them?!"

Spectre: "Actually, now that I think about it, that may be quite the viable option. The only problem is getting the suspected to take the drug. I'll think of something but... if you think about it, it will send quite a substantial message! Zander, that's a marvellous idea!"