Volume 5, Chapter 5 - "Friends and Family"

(Y/N's P.o.V)

Hearing someone humming as they passed my bedroom door, I gradually opened my eyes to gaze at the sunlight slipping through my curtains as steam that had come from the bathroom caused condensation to begin to form on my window. I was wondering that what had transpired that previous night was all just a dream, a figment of my imagination caused by something I ate. After all, the slightest thing can affect one's senses, a sharp violent shock or even the slightest disturbance of the stomach can make them cheat. However, once I heard the shouts coming up to my bedroom from downstairs, I knew that it was all too real.

Mum and Dad: "(Y/N) (L/N)!!!!!!!!!"

(Y/N): "Da, de, da! I'm dead..."

Using only the pure force of will, I hurried out of bed and hastened down the stairs to find my parents sitting at the table with Weiss, Blake and Yang, who seemed to be quite troubled. Despite this, the one thing I found myself wondering most was... where was Ruby?

Mum: "You are so much trouble, young man."

Dad: "Mind explaining to us who... and, might I add that I say this with the utmost respect... what are they?!"

(Y/N): "Mum, Dad... I can explain."

Dad: "Can you, (Y/N)? Can you?"

(Y/N): "... No."

I then noticed a strange smell in the air, the scent of someone baking something. As soon as I realised what that suspicious scent was, I let out a large sigh of embarrassment. I was already regretting allowing the girls to sleep at my house, I should've just fixed them up with a hotel room; with every second that passed, I grew more and more regretful.

Mum: "Why are there suddenly four... girls who we don't know sleeping in our house?"

(Y/N): "Mum, I knew that you wouldn't remember the conversation we had last night about letting the girls crash here... so I took the pleasure of recording it."

Dearly hoping that my plan would work, I took out my phone and played the recording that I had made the night before.

Recording: "Mum, can four of my friends stay at our place for as long as they need to? Of course, they can."

Mum: "Nice try, (Y/N)."

I gingerly put my phone away and sat down at the table next to Weiss, Blake and Yang, looking across from my furious parents. Then, my dad sighed and rubbed his eyes.

(Y/N): "Dad? You okay?"

Dad: "One of them is now in our kitchen baking chocolate-chip cookies as a 'peace offering'."

(Y/N): "Oh Gods! RUBY!!!"

Later...

Much to my displeasure, I explained everything I could to my parents as truthfully as possible. I stuck to the basics, only telling them who they were and where they came from. I didn't tell them about my personal experiences, for example, having to fight the creatures of Grimm or Spectre, I didn't want to cause them to panic even more than they probably were at that point time. They took it pretty well, much better than I thought they would.

Mum: "So... all this time... you were stuck in another world?"

(Y/N): "Remnant, yeah."

Mum: "All you were searching for was a way home... to us? (Y/N)... that's... very sweet."

Dad: "How did you get home by the way?"

(Y/N): "I don't know the exact details. Something to do with something called a Dimension Storm, it's really complicated. Anyway, these guys were sucked into the storm with me and they ended up here by accident. The least I could do was offer them a safe home to stay in until I can find them a way back to their planet."