Volume 7, Chapter 7 - "Party Crashers"

(No one's P.o.V)

It was one o'clock in the afternoon. Everyone was gathered in the town park. There was a load of tables set up with food and drink for everyone to indulge themselves with, along with presents and gift boxes of all different sizes and colours. Balloons were hung in the middle of the tables, each held to the ground by a weight tied to their skins. The day was filled with joyous laughter and smiling faces for it was (Y/N)'s mother's birthday party. Everyone had brought something to the party and had splashed out their money on it. A comedy competition was held as well, (Y/N), (BF/N), Yang and Mercury were competing. They were given topics to make a short but funny statement on and Weiss read them out.

Weiss: "Okay, our first topic is... "Lines You Wouldn't Hear In A Costume Drama."

(Y/N) stepped up first, he was chuckling from what he thought up.

(Y/N): "I worked for the Duke of Wellington when he invented the wellington boot, and the Earl of Sandwich when he invented the sandwich. But, I suppose my happiest time was working for Lord Strap-On."

He certainly got a response from the audience and even the other competitors, he himself was also laughing as he made his way back to his spot. Then, Yang took centre stage.

Yang: "Henry Tudor... well, whatever turns you on."

As soon as they got the play on words, everyone started laughing again. Yang even took a little bow as she stepped down and let (BF/N) go in front.

(BF/N): "The Zulus have surrounded us, sir! They're standing on the horizon waving their spears! Wait a minute, those aren't spears!"

Once again, laughter followed the joke. (Y/N) patted (BF/N) on the back for that one as finally, Mercury finished this topic.

Mercury: "So, King Henry, I'm your fifth wife... hang on..."

Just then, Mercury started counting on his fingers.

Mercury: "Divorced, beheaded, died, divorced- oh, sh*t!"

Laughter came again and once Weiss had finally calmed down, she picked a strip of paper from the bowl and read out the next category.

Weiss: "Hehe. Very good, very good. Okay, next up is... "Unlikely Things To Hear At An Award Ceremony."

Yang stepped up first, she seemed quite eager, which only made everyone concerned.

Yang: "Welcome to the Islamic Awards for Acting, or as well call them, "The Moscars."

All that tension suddenly melted away in a wave of delight as everyone started laughing. Then, it was Mercury's turn.

Mercury: "And, the award for Best Envelope Glue goes to..."

Mercury then mimed trying to open an envelope that would not open no matter what, everyone laughed at his ridiculous performance. Next, it was (BF/N)'s turn; he pretended to read from a sheet of paper from an envelope.

(BF/N): "I'd bang that, I'd bang that, I'd bang that, wouldn't bang that, I'd bang that. Anyway, the award for Best Actress goes to..."

Once the laughter and sniggering from (BF/N)'s joke died down, (Y/N) stepped up for the last time.

(Y/N): "And, the winner of the Suicide Bomber of the Year... I'm afraid they couldn't be with us tonight..."

That was the best joke in the competition judging by the audience's reaction. With that, they were called down from the stage and (Y/N) was declared the winner. Then came the time for the cake. But, once (Y/N) noticed that it wasn't on the table, he paused and realised where he had left it.