Volume 10, Chapter 4 - "Mirror Mirror"

(Y/N's P.o.V)

I stared nonchalantly out of my window overlooking the Main Avenue from my office up in Amnesty Tower. I watched as my students came and went on their way to their next classes, I took in the sight of the slowly setting sun, I looked to where the glistening of the sunbeams on the ocean waves danced on the horizon. The weeks leading up to that point were hectic, to say the least. All I could think about was the infamous Team RWBY, who I had been hunting down non-stop.

(Y/N): ("Team RWBY. Over these past few weeks, you have gotten away from me time and time again. The sewers...")

The picture of me holding Ruby's hand over the sewer water waterfall into the river firmly pressed itself on my mind.

(Y/N): ("New York.")

I remembered guarding against a sphere of dark energy, the force from it pushing me right across Harlem and creating massive cracks and grooves in the road as I went.

(Y/N): ("London.")

I clashed blades with Weiss on the London Eye as the frightened civilians in the pods on the wheel watched.

(Y/N): ("Cairo.")

I chased Blake across the Egyptian capital; she was leaping from rooftop to rooftop like a ninja!

(Y/N): ("Athens.")

I battled Yang through the Acropolis of Athens, struggling to overpower her inside the ancient structures.

(Y/N): ("And, then there was Madrid...")

That one was the battle that haunted me the most. What's the reason? I lost. I distinctly remember screaming in agony as I was engulfed in a mixture of black and white light from Ruby's Silver Eyes.

(Y/N): ("I've chased you to the ends of the Earth and back again, each battle more difficult than the last. Those girls are becoming stronger... and those Silver Eyes are becoming deadlier by the day. I suppose my arrogance is to blame; I never thought that Ruby would be able to defeat me. Neither did I ever believe that she would have found a way to turn the power of the Silver Eyes against humans as well as Grimm. The infection's spreading faster than I thought. If I don't find them soon and cure them... it'll be too late.")

I looked at my hand, letting it pulse with the mystical green flame of the Kaosunaito.

(Y/N): "I promise I'll save you. Somehow."

With that, I pressed a button on my desk and the lights switched off and the windows blackened. I opened the doors with the press of another button and both my team and Team CRMSN entered the office. I knew Spectre had some kind of control over Team RWBY and he wasn't just going to let that power go to waste. I had a suspicion that we were going to see them on the battlefield soon, we had to be prepared. We needed a strategy.

(Y/N): "Right, listen up. We are probably going to have to face Team RWBY one of these days so, when that time comes, we've gotta be ready. As you already know from my report, Team RWBY has been infected with Spectre's Grimm serum and their strength has increased dramatically. Also, their Semblances have undertaken an evolution. However, I believe, with precision planning, this can be overcome. We'll start with one of the more dangerous members of the team. Yang Xiao Long. Now, her Semblance may allow her to convert all the damage energy her body collects into power to use against us but that does not mean she's invincible. All that we need to defeat her is to deal enough damage while putting enough pressure on her so she can't counter-attack effectively. Mercury, either you or Brady will be targeting Yang."

Mercury: "Okay.. any tips?"

(Y/N): "Well, Yang's fighting style is extremely aggressive. It focuses on punches and using her brute strength to overpower her opponent but she's less adaptable against opponents who specialise in kicks, making you, Mercury, the perfect guy to take her out. Plus, Brady can provide support to even the playing field in terms of strength. The only thing I would suggest is don't go high. I've noticed that Yang's fists are always in front of or somewhere above her torso whilst she's in a stance so go low. It'll be the last thing she'd expect."