Volume 2, Chapter 2 - "Welcome to Beacon"

(No one's P.o.V)

An extraordinarily large transport ship descended gently onto Beacon Academy's landing pad. As it lowered, two more Bullheads shot past through the sky like rockets flying to space. The people on the ground of the Main Avenue watched on in wonder as the ships soared through the blue skies. Up higher in Beacon Tower, Professor Ozpin and Glynda Goodwitch were watching those ships very carefully through the window in Ozpin's office, which overlooked the entirety of the Main Avenue.

Glynda: "Ironwood certainly loves bringing his work wherever he travels."

Three more Bullheads swooped in from the skies as they both watched on.

Ozpin: "Well, running an academy and a military makes him a busy man. But yes, those are a bit of an eyesore."

Just then, a loud chirping beep started sounding repeatedly. Ozpin turned around to his desk, which had a holographic message on it that said 'Access Requested'.

Ozpin: "Come in."

The doors beyond Ozpin's desk slid open to let their guest, General James Ironwood, inside. He had black hair, with some silver and gray areas. He also had a strip of silver metal above his right eyebrow. He wore a white overcoat, with a gray undercoat, a black sweater, a red necktie and a white glove on his right hand. His white trousers were tucked into his silver boots that were accented in gray. Ironwood greeted the two professors with a cordial tone of voice.

Ironwood: "Ozpin!"

Ozpin: "Hello, General"

Ironwood: "Please, drop the formalities."

They both then went up to each other and shook hands as Glynda approached the two of them.

Ironwood: "It's been too long. And Glynda! It has certainly been too long since we last met."

Glynda: "Oh, James!"

She gave Ironwood a personable wave before dropping all pleasantries almost instantly and walking away.

Glynda: "I'll be outside."

Ironwood: "Well, she hasn't changed a bit."

Ozpin: "So, what in the world has brought you all the way down from Atlas?"

As he spoke, Ozpin picked up a coffee mug and a kettle and poured out some coffee.

Ozpin: "Headmasters don't typically travel with their students for the Vytal Festival."

He then turned around and offered the cup to Ironwood, the mug changed hands with a clinking sound. Ironwood then produced a canteen from his coat pocket and poured its contents into his cup.

Ironwood: "Well, you know how much I love Vale this time of year. Besides, with you hosting, I thought that this might be a good opportunity for us to catch up."

Ozpin: "I can certainly appreciate the quality time between friends, however, a small fleet outside my window has me concerned."

Ironwood: "Well, concern is what brought them here."

Ozpin: "I understand that travel between kingdoms has become increasingly difficult."

Ironwood: "Oz, you and I both know why I brought those men."

Ozpin: "We are in a time of peace. Shows of power like this are just going to give off the wrong impression."

Ironwood: "But if what Qrow said is true..."

Ozpin: "If what Qrow said is true, then we will handle it tactfully. It's the Vytal Festival. A time to celebrate unity and peace. So I suggest that you not scare people by transporting hundreds of soldiers halfway across the continent."