Chapter 7: Jealousy

The next weekend was the first Hogsmeade trip of the year. It was starting to get chilly outside, so I grabbed my Gryffindor scarf and my grey jacket to wear.

I met Lily and Hugo down in the common room so we could walk down together. "You guys excited?" Lily asked enthusiastically.

I smiled at Lily as she linked arms with both Hugo and I as we walked down to Hogsmeade with the rest of the students.

"Where's Al and Scorpius today?" Hugo asked.

I shrugged. I didn't really ask them what they were doing but considering that I didn't see Jenny anywhere so I figured she was with Al. That probably meant that Scorpius was with Claire, so I didn't really mind that I wasn't with them.

When we arrived in Hogsmeade, we went into a few stores. Hugo wanted to look at some new robes and Lily wanted to get ice cream, even though it was cold outside. After walking around a little bit, we decided to go into the Three Broomsticks for a nice warm butterbeer.

As we walked in, I realized why I hadn't seen any of my friends or the rest of my cousins, they were all there. Al, Jenny, Scorpius, James, Fred, Laura, and Liam all sitting together at a long table. James saw us first and waved us over to sit with them.

There were only a few seats left at the bench on the table and both Lily and Hugo sat across from me and next to Fred, which left me next to Scorpius. I said hello to everyone and they smiled. I couldn't help but notice that Claire wasn't here.

"Hey, Rose!" I stopped myself from rolling my eyes as Liam said hi to me.

"Hey, Liam," I said.

Scorpius passed me a butterbeer, which was warm and creamy on my tongue, I smiled.

"I haven't seen you since that party the other night." Was he still trying to talk to me?

"Yeah, I heard you were talking about me," I said, not trying to be polite anymore.

Liam blushed. "Yeah, about that...I'm sorry, I really am." I was still pissed off at him, but his apology did seem genuine and I believed him.

I felt a kick from under the table. It was Scorpius. I looked at him and saw he was not looking back at me, he was pretending that he wasn't listening to my conversation, but I knew he was. Why did he have to kick me? Was it because he didn't want me to be nice to Liam? I kicked him back.

"It's alright, I guess," I told Liam. If Scorpius was trying to tell me not to be nice to Liam, that only made me want to even more. How was it for him to tell me what to do while I can't just tell him not to date Claire? "Just know that I'm not usually like that, I was completely plastered that night."

"Yeah, I know."

"So where's Claire, Scorpius?" Fred asked him.

I was eager to see what he was going to say. He shrugged. "She's around here somewhere."

"Yeah what's going on with that?" James asked, sipping from his bottle. "Do you actually like her?"

Just then, as if on cue, Claire appeared, I didn't see her there at first and she surprised me. "Hello, Scorpy." I cringed at her nickname for him. She slipped her way right between Scorpius and me, shoving me to the edge of the bench.

"Well hello, Claire," I said loudly.

She turned sharply and shot a state at me that looked as if I had slapped her or something. She didn't say anything and turned right back around to Scorpius.

"So Rose," Liam had switched seats with Lily and was talking to me now. "I was thinking that we should go out sometime."

"Oh," I said, but it really wasn't much of a surprise after what  Scorpius told me about him the other day.

I felt Claire's elbow jab into my ribs sharply. "Ow." I howled. "What the hell Claire?"

Everyone resigned from their side conversations and looked to me. Claire only looked at me and smiled falsely. "Oh, my mistake, sorry."

"So Rose, what were you and Liam talking about?" Laura asked me with wide eyes and nodding towards Liam.

Under different circumstances, I would not have agreed to go out on a date with Liam. But right now, Claire was pissing me of and Scorpius didn't even stop her from physically hurting me. I couldn't stand this anymore, if Scorpius wouldn't break up with her now, I don't know when he would.

"You know what, sure Liam." I said. "I'll go out with you."

Liam practically jumped up from his seat with excitement. "Really?"

I nodded and smiled.

"Oh, that's so nice." Claire budged in. She turned to Scorpius. "Isn't that so nice Scorpy, that Rose and Liam are going out?"

I dared to look at Scorpius. His face was stiff and his mouth was one straight line. He shrugged in a passive-aggressive way. "Yeah, that's just great."

I scoffed silently at him and rolled my eyes, how dare he be angry at me.

As if this couldn't get any more awkward, Claire kissed Scorpius and he kissed her back until they were full on snogging right at the table.

"Whoa." James alarmed them.

"Holy crap, right here in the middle of the Three Broomsticks?" Laura exclaimed.

When they didn't stop, I stood up. "Would you two get a room?" I said. Al, Jenny, Laura, and Liam stood up with me and the five of us made our way to leave.

I looked back at Scorpius for a moment, which I realized was the wrong thing to do. I thought I felt tears coming up just to see him snogging with Claire, the evil brat. For a second he broke away from her and his eyes looked up, towards me.

We stared at each other for a moment. I don't think it was one of those times where we know what the other is thinking because I was confused. I couldn't even read his expression. It was almost like a cross between upset or angry and hurt, maybe all three? I couldn't look any longer so I left, but I was still so confused.

"You okay Rose?" Jenny asked me with a smile, while she was waiting outside the door for me.

I wiped my eye and caught up to her. The others were ahead of us, but I was glad they didn't see me just then.

Jenny linked her arm with mine. "Oh, it's okay Rose." She assured me. "It's going to all be okay."

*

**

***

****

Here's a short one! Hope you all like, if you did leave a comment, I would love to hear what you think. Also, for anyone who read the old version of Clueless, I would love to hear what you think of this updated version, I'm trying to edit it as fast as I can and I hope you like it!

Thanks for reading

~Christie