Chapter 23: Insightful Letters

I sat in class daydreaming, my head resting in my palm, thoughts filled with Scorpius. I pictured his hair and his eyes looking at me with rigor in them. His shoulders, broad and defined. His arms, strong and hands, with popping veins. They were reaching out to me.

I watched as the lower of his stomach peaked under his t-shirt as he reached his arms up. I felt the urge to place my hands there, and reveal the rest. I could picture his stomach, flat with abs you could slice evenly.

His voice was ringing in my ear. His warm, and a deep voice whispering my name. Rose, Rose-

"Rose!"

I snapped back to reality and sat up straight at my desk. I found about thirty pairs of eyes staring back at me as if waiting for me to say something. Professor Flitwick narrowed his eyes at me, it was a look that I didn't want to have to see, of disappointment.

"Sorry professor, what was the question?" I said quickly. My voice seemed to be fading the longer I spoke.

"Maybe if you weren't always asleep for this class, you would know."

"I'm really sorry professor."

"There's no need, that's ten points from Gryffindor, and pay attention."

If we were in the first or second year, I would understand the sniggering among the rest of the class, but coming from a room full of sixth years, was immature. Maybe it was because the rest of my classmates knew me as the teacher's pet, but they were all acting as if I had hexed someone.

From beside me, Jenny too was smiling. "Oh, come on are we ten?" I whispered.

She chuckled to herself and ignored me, continuing to listen to the rest of the lesson.

I was thankful after classes had ended. All I wanted to do was see Scorpius. I felt the need to make that dream, er daydream, come true. I didn't even care if it was too abrupt.

He had planned to meet me by the Gryffindor common room after he had Astronomy. I didn't want to wait though, so went to find him myself. Our paths crossed in the corridor, where I saw his blond head peeking over the others. He flashed me a crooked smile when he saw me.

I returned the smile by running over to him and grabbing his face into my hands, forcing my lips onto his. He kissed me back sweetly and wrapped his warm fingers around my wrists.

When we pulled away, his eyes were wide and eyebrows were raised as he smiled. "What was that for?"

"That was because I love you," I said through a smile. "A lot."

"I love you too." He grabbed my hand and we continued walking together. "But that was totally gushy and romantic, are you ok?"

He said it with a smile but I still hit him on the shoulder lightly. "I can be romantic, you know you're not the only one."

"I know it's just.." his voice trailed off.

"Just what?"

"It's just cute. You're cute."

I snorted, but then realized that he wasn't joking. He was smiling in a genuine, not kidding way. I squeezed his hand and walked closely with him until we reached the library.

***

"You're an idiot James Potter!" That tone of voice sounded all too familiar. And also all too frequently used in partnership with James's full name.

Al, Scorpius, Jenny and I were sitting at the Gryffindor table for dinner when Laura and James came storming in. Laura was fuming, her neck fading into a deep red color as she spoke. James looked equally as upset, the vein in his forehead popping out of his skin.