Chapter 26: Easter

I woke up with a terrible headache. I was in Laura's dorm like I was every morning, but I had no idea how I got there. All the other girls were up too, talking as they packed their trunks before breakfast.

"Oh good, you're up," Laura said when she saw me. She threw a blouse on top of my head. "I think that's yours."

"Ugh" I sat up slowly, holding my head. "What time did I come to bed last night?"

Laura shrugged, "Not sure, I was asleep already when you did. Why, where were you?"

"I'm not really sure" I frowned, trying to remember. Could I have been drunk? On a random Friday night with nothing going on? It didn't sound like me.

Laura made eyes, then smiled and continued her packing. I finished my own packing too and threw on jeans and a sweatshirt before we walked down to the great hall for breakfast.

Not many students went home for the Easter holiday, but it was mandatory for everyone in my family. Not that any of us wouldn't have wanted to be home, we were all excited about the wedding.

On the train, I sat with my back to the window and rested my legs over Scorpius's lap while I read my copy of this week's 'Seeker' magazine. Jenny sat next to Scorpius and James, Fred, and Al were squished on the other side of the compartment. I imagined that Lily and Hugo were in the next compartment, hopefully with Laura, because I hadn't seen where they disappeared off to.

"Do you remember what time I came to bed last night?" Al randomly asked Scorpius during the train ride. Scorpius shook his head.

"No," he said. "I must've been asleep."

"Where were you?" Jenny asked Al, her voice sounding alarmed.

Al shrugs. "That's the thing, I don't remember what I was doing at all."

I looked up at him quickly after he said that. "That's so weird," I said. "Because the exact same thing happened to me."

"No," James rolled his eyes, unbelieving. "What were you doing before?"

"All I remember is walking with Scorpius and Jenny in the hall," I said. "I'm not sure what happened after."

"You didn't have a few drinks?" Fred suggested with a smirk.

"Of course not!" I exclaimed. "I don't know about Al though."

We all laughed, including Al. I watched Jenny's face fade from a quick smile into a frown as she furrowed her eyebrows, staring at the ground. I could tell that she, like me, was still very curious and possibly worried about the fact that neither Al and I can remember what happened last night.

We didn't talk about it all that much more for the rest of the train ride. After a few hours, the train pulled up at the station. I stepped onto the platform, greeted by my dad, who waved and smiled happily at the bunch of us. Aunt Ginny was standing with him and waved too.

As we stepped closer to them, I immediately saw dad's eyes shoot down to my hand, which was holding Scorpius's. He didn't stop smiling though, which was a good sign.

"Finally!" Dad says. "I've been waiting here forever." I hugged dad, along with James, Fred, Al, Lily, and Hugo joining in.

We split up there, Hugo, Laura, and I going with dad in the car, while the others go with aunt Ginny. We'll probably see them later tonight anyway, so it's a brief goodbye.

The car ride isn't too long. Dad introduces himself to Laura and they get along well. Mum isn't there when we get home, dad says she's working late to make up for what she'll miss this week.