Chapter 29: Wedding Day

I woke up to the lovely sound of Dom puking in the bathroom. I myself felt a little sick, my head was throbbing as I stirred. "Ugh, what time is it," I said, groggily, sitting up in the bed. Victoire was still asleep next to me, Roxy had gone, Lily was sitting up, and Molly was with Dom in the bathroom.

"It's eight," Lily answered quietly, as to not wake the bride too easily on her big day. 

Roxy came back shortly after I woke up, carrying a wonderful potion, a bit for all of us, to cure the hangovers. After just one sip I felt my headache instantly fade away.

"Thanks so much, Roxy," Dom hugged her. "Now, let's make everything all beautiful for when Vic wakes up." She was hinting towards the huge mess that was Vic's hotel room. 

Us bridesmaids, moved as quietly as we could, cleaning the room for the bride. Dom cleared away all the empty bottles of alcohol. I was helping put the furniture back into place. 

Victoire eventually stirred while we were cleaning. I was surprised she didn't wake up sooner with all the fuss, but she was a heavy sleeper. She sat up in bed, holding her hand to her forehead. Roxy swooped in right away, holding out a flask of potion for her. After she downed the small portion, she smiled and looked around the room at all of us.

"Wow," she thought out loud. "This is it."

"It is!" Lily replied excitedly, unable to resist throwing her arms around our beautiful blonde cousin. "Today's the day!"

"I can't believe it," Vic said, after hugging Lily back. "I feel so old, but like, in an extremely amazing way."

After a while, Vic insisted on helping us out with the finishing touches for getting the room ready for us to get her ready. But we refused all of her attempts and made her stay on that pile of feathers. 

Aunt Fleur came in to speak with Vic, having an emotional talk with her. Several other aunts came in to do the same thing, along with Grandma Molly. They all left shortly after though, knowing that there was still a few things to get done before the ceremony started at 1:00.

The first thing we prepared, was creating a sort of spa inside the room. We ordered Vic to take a relaxing bath and then get into one of the soft robes that the hotel offered, then sit down while we painted her nails.

"This is too much you guys!" She exclaimed when four of us got down to each of her limbs to paint the nails on that hand/foot. I had her left hand.

"Oh please Vic," Molly insisted. "You deserve it."

"And we know you'd do the same for us," Roxy said. "So no more complaining. Let us slave over you today."

"Yeah but only today," Dom joked.

Once we finished with nails, Victoire's best friend, Christina, insisted on doing her makeup. She knew how to apply it perfectly, like a professional. So we let her do that and started working on getting our own selves ready.

We were all supposed to look the same. Victoire wanted us to have matching hairstyles, makeup, and not to mention the dresses, which were still hanging in each of our separate rooms. We took turns curling each other's hair. Lily did mine, and then I did hers. Then we went back to our rooms to slip into the dresses. 

I was on my way to grab everyone some coffee in the hotel café when I passed Teddy in the hallway. He was all dressed, wearing his shirt and tie, without the jacket for right now. "Hey!" I said excitedly. "How's the groom doing on the biggest day of his life?"

He let out a nervous laugh when he saw me. He seemed to be pacing the floor, I could tell that he was anxious. "Wow, you're all dressed already," he observed. "How's Vic doing?"