Chapter 20: Revenge

I sat up in Scorpius's bed and noticed that he was lying there next to me. We were on top of the sheets, but our legs were intertwined and his arm was around my waist. I smiled at the sight of him there next to me, he looked peaceful in his sleep. His hair fell slightly over his eyes and he almost looked like he was smiling, happy in his sleep.

I didn't want to disrupt his dreams, but I had to tell him what I just realized. I shook his shoulder lightly and he stirred but wasn't quite awake yet. I laid back down on the bed, facing him. "Scorpius," I whispered into his face. All his other dorm mates, including Al, were still asleep too and I didn't want to wake them up.

"Scorpius," I said again, and this time his eyes flickered open. His lips curled into a smile when he saw me.

"Hey," he whispered. His arms tightened around me, pulling me closer and nuzzling his head into my shoulder.

"Scorpius," I said again. "I just figured out something." He ignored me and kissed my shoulder.

I pulled back from him. "No, I know who it was, in my yard that night on New Year's."

He was listening now, looking at me seriously with a bit of worry. "Who?"

"It was Claire, I can tell from her eyes."

"Oh my god," He said. "But why was she there?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. I don't know what to do either."

"We'll figure something out," Scorpius said. "But I think you should try to sleep right now."

"We?" I smiled, closing my hands around his neck.

He smiled back. "Of course." He leaned forward and brushed his warm lips against mine. I kissed him back until I felt a pillow hit me on the back. I looked over my shoulder and saw that Al was lying on his stomach, holding his own pillow over his ears.

I quickly realized that I had fallen asleep with Scorpius in his bed, it must've looked like something had happened and their other dorm mates most likely had seen me. I turned back to Scorpius. "I should go," I said.

"What?" He pulled me closer to him again, with a look of confusion in his eyes. "No, stay here. It's like two in the morning."

He drew the curtains to his four-poster shut, so now it was only us. It didn't take much to convince me, because after he said that, I pulled his blanket over us and closed my eyes. Scorpius was still holding me and I couldn't move, not even if someone tried to pull me away, I wasn't going to be torn apart from him.

***

When I woke for a second time, I ran into the Slytherin boy's dormitory bathroom as quickly as I could to throw up. I was a bit hungover from the night before but not nearly as bad as other times. Luckily for me, no one else was in there, so I didn't have to deal with the embarrassment of being caught in the boy's bathroom in the morning.

Scorpius was sitting up in his bed when I got back to his dorm. Al was gone, and so was Mike and Craig, so I figured it was around breakfast time. He grinned when he saw me. "Good morning," he said.

"Morning," I replied, taking the seat next to him. He reached forward to kiss me, but I pulled back, blocking him with my hand.