Chapter 13: Girl's Day

When I woke up the next morning, I was amused to see Lily next to me, arm over her head and feet lying in opposite positions and her hair a mess upon her head. I wanted to take a picture she looked so, well-rested, I'll say.

"Lily." I leaned in, closer to her ear, trying to wake her up. I repeated her name again and this time, she jerked awake, nearly rolling off the bed in alarm.

I, on the other hand, was cracking up with laughter.

Lily moaned. "Hope you found that amusing." She yawned, reaching her arms above her head to stretch.

"I did," I said, sitting up in my mess of blankets that rearranged themselves throughout the night. Lily slept over last night, leaving Jenny her own bed back at Godric's Hollow. It was very nice of her, but I think she mostly did it so that she could have a sleepover with me and spend the whole night talking about everything.

I learned about Lily's crush on one of the Scamander twins, Lorcan, I think it was. And I was asked many times about Scorpius but didn't know what exactly to tell her. I did show her the ornament he gave me, which I took home with me last night to put on my own tree, but I ended up just hanging it from my bedpost.

We came downstairs, still in our pajamas, for breakfast. Dad and Hugo were already sitting around the table with their own bowls of cereal. "Morning." I grabbed two bowls for us to join them. "Is mum still asleep?"

Dad shook his head while his mouth was too full to speak. I waited for him to finish chewing and elaborate. "She's just working in her office." He took another bite of food and then continued to speak. "She said you girls are going out with Victoire and the others today?"

I nodded, remembering that Vic wanted all of her bridesmaids to be fitted for our dresses together, while we were all going to be around at the same time. Today, all the ladies of the family were going with her to Diagon Alley to find some dresses.

I dressed quickly into a sweater and jeans, then flooed with Lily and mum to Godric's Hollow. We said goodbye to dad and Hugo, who I could tell wanted to come with us, but he didn't say anything about it. Godric's Hollow was already loud by the time we arrived. I heard Aunt Ginny shouting to James, wherever he was in the house and Al's voice was noticeable too.

Mum found Ginny and Harry, and Lily went up to her room to get dressed, I followed. I went straight to Al's room to say hi to the boys. I heard voices, so I entered the room without knocking.

Al's bedroom was much larger than my own, and though we lived at Hogwarts for the majority of the year, his room was always the coolest one in their house. He even had his own half bathroom with a small shower in it. He also had bunk-beds. After Scorpius came over for every vacation in first and second year, Aunt Ginny and Uncle Harry thought it would be best to get Scorpius his own little space at their house.

The top bunk was Al's, of course, with a black comforter and lots of pillows, which just by looking at it, could make a person fall asleep. The bottom bunk was for Scorpius, with matching sheets and pillows except his bed wasn't made, which made it look even more inviting and warm. I shook the thought from my head, remembering Scorpius slept there.

In the front corner of the room, was Al's corner desk and at the adjacent corner, there were three beanbag chairs, just for hanging out. That's where Jenny was sitting, fumbling with a piece of her hair and nearly sinking into the chair.

"Hey." She said as I sunk into the seat beside her. Al was sitting at his desk, rummaging through the drawers like he was looking for something.

"Are you coming to Diagon Alley with us?" I asked Jenny. She nodded, smiling.