Chapter 30

I wake up to the bright sunlight that slipped through the cracks from the blinds and shined in my face. I turned over in the bed and smiled at the sight, remembering the events of yesterday.

Scorpius was still asleep, which was super rare since he always seemed to be awake. But now, he was resting peacefully, eyes closed and even breathing. The best part about it though, was that he wasn't wearing any shirt and I wasn't even completely sure if he had shorts on either, but I didn't peek.

 At some point during the night I had turned over, so I scooted closer to him. I nestled my head into his neck and pulled the covers up, over to my shoulders.

Scorpius stirred a few minutes later. I watched him as he opened his eyes and saw me first. The edges of his mouth curled into a smile.

"Wow," he yawned. "I can't believe I'm waking up next to you."

"I know," I smiled, then pressed a kiss onto his chest, the closest part of him to my face.

We lie there for a while. Neither one of us were worried about getting up or what time it was, even though we probably should have. He sat up and put his shorts back on. I stayed in bed, watching as he picked up the clothes from the floor, including my dress.

"Oh god," I said. "I have to wear that out, don't I?"

"Not unless you want to borrow my clothes?" Scorpius smirked, holding up his suit from yesterday.

"I'd better get going then," I said, sitting up in the bed. I held the sheet up to cover my bare chest. He flung my underwear at me and set the dress on the bed carefully. It was almost amusing to watch him care for the gown better than I ever would have.

He then bounced back on the bed and watched me redress. "Er, do you mind?" I asked.

 He was smiling and raised his eyebrows. "Are you kidding? I've seen you naked now, you don't have anything to hide." I rolled my eyes as he seemed rather proud after finishing that sentence. But I was secretly smiling to myself, I felt a sense of happiness that I never usually feel, at least not this early in the morning.

I turned around and quickly pressed my lips to Scorpius's. He was laying there on his side, leaning on his arm and only wearing his shorts. It was an irresistible sight. 

He grazed his fingers on my cheek, then kissed me lightly. Lying on our sides, I placed my arms around him and just felt his body in my arms. He squeezed me into an embrace as well. Just as I was about to pull away and kiss him one more time, I heard a knock at the door. We pulled away from each other at the same time, both alarmed.

"Who is it?" I whispered.

"How should I know?" He shrugged.

There was another, louder knock. "Scorpius? Are you in there?" The voice was muffled from behind the door but it sounded like James.

Scorpius looked at me as if to ask what to do. "Go get it!" I whispered. As he got up to answer the door, I jumped up, grabbed the dress and darted into the bathroom. I listened to Scorpius answer the door.

"Whoa, mate did you just wake up?" It was James's voice.

"Yeah, why?"

"We're leaving in like ten minutes. No one woke you?"

"None of you were here to wake me!"

"Yeah, you should've come to our after party last night," James said, his voice had traveled deeper into the room now. "Everyone got hammered, especially Al, you should've seen it. I bet that's why he didn't come to get you, he's probably so hungover."