Chapter 41: Days of Summer

Scorpius moved in with the Potter's for the rest of the summer. We only have a few weeks left, but I know that staying there, is like home for him. I suppose it was for the best he was staying with them, because mum was getting really busy, working on her campaign for Minister of Magic.

There always seemed to be people passing through the house for mum. My whole family was basically working on mum's campaign as a team. Over the past few days, we have been attempting to design posters, come up with slogans, and get good pictures of mum for the signs we were going to hang up everywhere.

We needed help from the Scamanders with designing the poster. No one in my family is too artistic. The only person I know who likes drawing is Laura, and she's too busy with quidditch to volunteer her talents. Luna was a big help though. She just offered to join the team after hearing about it from Lorcan through Lily.

So far, we have come up with two posters. The first one was simple. It was an old picture of mum, where she was giving her famous speech about elf equality and S.P.E.W. Above and below the picture read the words, "GRANGER FOR MINISTER". Another poster had a simple drawing of a goblin, a house elf, and a wizard all holding hands, by Luna. That poster read, "A vote for Hermione Granger is a vote for magical equality."

Mum still wants a couple more different posters, but for now, we were to start hanging them in any empty space we could find within the wizarding world.

There were about twenty people sitting around our dining room table right now, gathering stacks of the posters. The whole Johnson-Weasley family was here, so was the Potters plus Scorpius, the Longbottoms and also Luna and the twins. We split up into groups, to go and put up the posters. I was apart of the group who went to Hogsmeade.

I walked around with Lily, into each shop asking permission to hang signs on their store windows, or if they would like to take some copies to hang themselves. Most of the shops let us hang a poster in their window. The owner of Honeydukes was especially excited and took nearly half of my stack of posters and started sticking them on the walls before we even left.

Lily and I didn't get to every shop before running out of posters, but that was why we had a whole team of people here with us. Lily and I walked around a bit, enjoying the streets of Hogsmeade in the summertime.

"I've been meaning to ask you," I begin. "How're things with Lorcan?" Her face turns pink, just by the mention of his name. "You've been spending so much time with him."

"Yeah," she blushes. "I don't think I've ever been this happy."

I look over towards her, as we walk in sync in the hot sun. She isn't even looking at me, and I can see the lingering smile that remains wide across her face.

"That's really great, Lil," I say. "I'm really happy for you." And I genuinely mean it. Lily's the biggest dreamer and romantic I know, so of course, I'm happy she's getting the happiness she well deserves.

"Thanks," she says and I want to hug her, but we're walking so I don't. "I miss hanging out with you."

"Me too," I say. "But we can easily fix that."

Lily and I spend the rest of the afternoon together, window shopping around Diagon Alley. We didn't buy anything, but it was nice spending uninterrupted time with my cousin.

The next day, I went over to the Potter's at around noon with Hugo flooing quickly behind. Mum wanted us to get out of the house and enjoy ourselves instead of helping her with the campaign. I think it was just her way of telling us to get out, so we did, saying goodbye to her and dad.

I apparated into their living room, and when I popped in, I saw James there.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him anxiously.