Chapter 59: Truth

In the morning, I felt the same excitement I usually did for Christmas. James woke me up and I jumped up, sitting in my spot on the couch. Mostly everyone was up, and if they weren't already, they were now. James and Fred were yelling throughout the house.

Everyone was sitting in the living room, around the tree that was hidden behind the stacks of presents. How did I sleep through that? I hugged mum and dad and everyone else. We all wore our famous Weasley Christmas sweaters.

Scorpius smiled at me from across the room. I made my way over to him and Al and hugged both of them. "Happy Christmas." I pulled away from Scorpius quickly, making it clear that there would be no repeat of last night, at least not yet, and definitely not in front of anyone.

It was a tradition to open gifts as soon as we woke up, before breakfast. Some of us sat on the sofas, some of us sat on the floor, but we were all together, enjoying the looks on everyone's faces as we watched each other open gifts.

I absolutely love giving gifts to the people I love. The looks on their face and the pure feeling of giving, make it all worth whatever I had to do to get it, even though I didn't really have much of a chance to do that this year.

Al already had a gift in his lap, and soon enough we all dug in and everyone was opening gifts all at once. Lily was sitting on the couch and I sat on the floor in front for her, while we opened gifts together.

"Oh Rose, this one's from you!" She smiled. I got Lily a huge gift, way more expensive than what I had gotten everyone else, but each gift I purchased had a meaning. For Lily, I just wanted to get her something that I know she would love. So of course, I got her clothes and lots of them.

She pulled the tissue paper out of the bag to reveal the three sweaters I got her, all in different colors, and each one warm enough and comfortable. Also inside the bag was socks, headbands, sweatpants and a pair of slippers. Lily's face was in awe.

"This is too much, I only made you a scrapbook." She said after a moment.

I laughed. "Lily, don't worry about it, its the thought that matters, let me see the scrapbook I know I'll love it."

She thrust forward to hug me. "You're the best cousin a girl could ask for." She said in my ear, so the rest of our cousins wouldn't hear. Then she pulled out a large book from a nearby bag.

"What's that?" Hugo, who was beside Lily, moved his attention towards us.

"A scrapbook," Lily said, handing it to me. "Of this whole year, maybe a little longer. Lorcan helped me with the pictures, obviously, but I decorated it."

I ran my hand over the front of the book, which Lily covered in rose petals, my favorite kind of flower and my namesake. It was beautiful, each petal was a different color and Lily placed them in a way that they blended from red on one side, into pink, to white and in the center, was one photo from last summer of my entire family on it.

"It's wonderful Lil, I love it." I smiled so wide.

"Oh come on, open it," Al said from behind me. He had moved to the spot right next to me on the couch, Scorpius on the other side of me.

I opened to the first page, which was already filled with pictures, again, from two summers ago before my sixth year. There were pictures of everyone, most of them were candid, which is probably why I don't remember them at all.

Everyone was looking on with me now, we all laughed at the pictures. There was one of Al and James fighting, some of us playing Quidditch, there was also a very cringe-worthy picture of Lily and I doing peace signs for the camera.