Chapter 54: Hermione's Speech

The next morning, I felt the usual excitement of a quidditch match, only this time there were no nerves attached. All I had to do today was watch and cheer on Slytherin.

Lily and I get dressed and go down to breakfast together. In the common room, I pass Louise and Alice. I know it shouldn't bother me to see her, but it does and I hate myself for that. She didn't do anything wrong. Her and Alice smile and wave. I manage to grin back.

At breakfast, we met up with Hugo, Jenny, and Lorcan. Jenny was wearing Al's Slytherin scarf and even Lily wore her green sweater today. The mail comes in and I get a letter from mum.

Dear Rose,

As I'm sure you're aware, the election is next week. On Friday, I have to give one last speech, and it is custom that families of the electees make an appearance. I've already asked McGonagall if you and Hugo can leave Hogwarts just for that day. It will only be a few hours and your cousins will be here. Dress nice and be ready for photos, there is a lot of press at these things. I hope everything is well. I've been very busy with this election and I'm glad it will all be over after Friday. I'll see you then.

Love, Mum

"Are you guys going to this?" I ask Lily, who's reading over my shoulder.

She frowns. "I don't think so. She must mean James and Fred."

I get excited hearing their names. "Oh, yay, then I am happy to go!"

All of us finish up and go walk down to the Quidditch pitch together, sitting in a row. It was chilly outside. I was glad to find my gloves in the pocket of my coat and that I decided to wear a scarf. Winter was coming faster than I anticipated, but I kind of like it. I look forward to wearing sweaters and bundling up under a blanket with some hot chocolate.

We cheered for the Slytherin team as they flew out one by one. Al was the first and he got a very loud applause, which could not be good for his ego. The rest of the team went, and Scorpius was last. He got a loud applause too.

Hufflepuff flew out after them, and the game started shortly after. It was close in the beginning. Al scored the first two goals, once by himself, and second with assistance from Mike. Then Hufflepuff scored two goals. And then Hufflepuff kept scoring until they were in the lead with scores of 70 - 30. But at that point, Scorpius was chasing after the snitch with the Hufflepuff seeker at his tail. There was no way he stood a chance when Scorpius was riding his new Thunderbolt.

A roar of cheer took over the stadium when he finally did catch the snitch and Slytherin won. We get caught in the crowd as the match ends. There is a heard of people bursting to get down from the stands and go meet the team on the pitch, or in their changing rooms. By the time we get out, the team is already almost completely changed out of their robes and in regular clothes.

Jenny runs up to Al and throws her arms around him before he even sees that she's there. He catches her though, and she lifts her feet off the ground partially. Then they kiss and she congratulates them and everyone else in the room exchanges a look.

I accidentally catch Scorpius's eye and look away quickly, pretending that the floor has suddenly become a very interesting thing to stare at now. I clear my throat. "Good job, everyone, that was a good game."

"Just you wait until we destroy you," Al jokes. I playfully punch his arm.

"I don't know about that," I say. "We have months and months to train for our match."

We end up walking down the corridor together. All of us, plus Al and Scorpius. I would expect Al to throw a party or something to celebrate their victory, but it doesn't look like anything is going to happen tonight.