Chapter 71: Last Easter Break

"This is disgusting. Absolutely revolting. Why do I have to see a picture of that Malfoy kid man-handling my daughter when I open up the newspaper first thing in the morning? What kind of bullshit is that?"

"Man-handling? Are you kidding me, Ron?" Mum reasons.

I'm sitting down at the breakfast table with the Daily Prophet spread out in front of me, opened up to a page with my name in the title, accompanied by a picture of Scorpius and I kissing. Sometimes I really hate moving pictures. This wouldn't be so bad if it was just a still, but no, this photographer decided it would be best if the whole Wizarding world saw every little detail that should have been private.

"Look at this," Dad points down at the picture once again. A picture neither of my parents should have to see.

"Are you really going to blame her for the stupid things that the press will do? It's not her fault."

That is true. I'm so mad about this, not embarrassed, but extremely mad at that photographer. I could've stopped him too if I was quicker last night.

"I don't want her to see him anymore."

"What?" I exclaim, now I'm listening to his lecture.

"Ron," Mum remarks.

Dad just shakes his head the way he has been this whole morning. "No way. You're too young for this."

"I'm going to be 18 in not even two weeks!" I argue. "I'm not a child!"

"I don't care. You're too young for this Rosie," he repeats himself, pointing at the picture again. "Is this really what you want to see when you look back on your life? Raunchy pictures of you with...him?"

"Raunchy? Jez dad, we're just kissing."

"I don't care what the hell your doing, it shouldn't involve you and him...touching. And it should not be on my breakfast table."

"I'm not a child anymore. I should be able to kiss my boyfriend when I want to without my parents getting mad at me for it."

"I don't want you to see him anymore."

"I thought you liked Scorpius. I thought you two got along."

"That doesn't even matter after this...this is not how I ever pictured him.

"Look, sweetie," Mum chimes in. "What your father is trying to say, is to be careful when you're in public for this kind of stuff," Dad grunts something, but catches Mum's side-eye and shuts up. "We know there is no one to blame out this but the photographer and writer themselves, but you are a public figure now. Well, you have been your whole life. But now that you are an adult, they're going to chase after you for some sort of story. I know it's horrible, and you shouldn't have to worry about things like this, but unfortunately, you do."

"Okay," I say. I glare over at dad who is clearly not satisfied with what mum just said. I get up before he can say anything else and stomp up the stairs to my room.

Hugo is waiting at the top of the staircase. "What the hell is going on?" He asks me.

"Just go downstairs and you'll see," I say, going into my room and closing the door behind me.

I need to talk to Scorpius. It's only been a few hours since he left, but I need to see him again after this. I'm about to apparate to him but then I hear a knock on my door. "What?" I ask.

"It's mum, can you open up?"

I sigh but open the door anyway. Mum walks in holding a book with her. "I want to show you something."