Chapter 58: Home For The Holidays

I finally got to go home on the morning of Christmas Eve. It was nice to finally be home and have some time just to relax. The downside was that I didn't really have time to get anyone Christmas presents. Mum volunteered to go out and buy some for me and I also spent the day making homemade gifts.

As soon as my family was ready, we flooed our way over to the Burrow. The second we appeared through the fireplace, the smell of cinnamon caught my nose and put a smile on my face. It finally felt like Christmas.

I dropped the bag of gifts I was holding by the tree before I found my grandparents. I ran throughout the house to find Grandma Molly immediately and be taken into a warm hug that only she can give. She always gave the biggest and loving hugs, but this time she was trying to be careful of my cuts.

"Rose!" She smiled as she saw me and rocked back and forth as I was still in her arm. "We're so glad you're okay."

"Me too grandma." She finally let go of me. "It smells absolutely delicious in here."

She smiled. "I'm glad. I've added more Christmas decorations too."

"It's wonderful," I told her.

I found Grandad Arthur sitting in his beloved chair. It was an old and beat up recliner he found lying in a street one day so naturally, he took it for himself. I remember that Grandma protested, against it, but he couldn't part with it. I can't recall a day he didn't sit in it since then.

I hugged him hello and sat and chatted for a bit. He was holding this small cube toy with different colors all over it. It seemed like a muggle toy. "Trying to figure this darned thing out," Grandad says. "I want to see what happens when you get the right code."

"I don't think that's how it works," Hugo looks at me. He's sitting on the couch beside me.

"Well, you try," he passes the cube to Hugo, who starts fiddling around with it.

We arrived first for Christmas, so no one else was here yet. But in a way it was nice, we got to spend extra time with our grandparents in the warmth of their cozy home. The Burrow was quite possibly my favorite place on Earth. I guess I have a lot of favorite places.

Everyone started arriving shortly after, but I was really waiting for Lily. I didn't have the chance to talk to her today, but I was wondering when she was going to tell Aunt Ginny and everyone about being pregnant. She was getting big, and soon enough, it's going to be too big of a secret to hide, like literally.

The Potters arrived next, with the addition of Scorpius and Laura. I nearly leaped up when I saw her and rushed to give her a hug. I saw her last week, but that was barely a reunion.

Laura pulled away from our hug. "Wait, aren't you all cut up still?"

"Yeah, how are you doing Rose?" Lily joins us after greeting everyone else.

"I'm fine." They sort of just stare at me. "Really."

I greet everyone else with hugs and they all act the same, worrying about hurting me. I don't really like that, when people look at you as if you're going to break the next second. Even Al and Scorpius are careful around me at first.

The other families start arriving. All the Weasley's get there, then Teddy and Vic. Everyone was so excited to see Victoire. She wasn't too big, but you could easily tell that she was pregnant now. When everyone is there, we sit for dinner. I was wedged in between Laura and Fred.

"You have to tell me everything that's happened within the last three months." Laura was eager to hear all about my life lately.

The room was already filled with many different conversations. On our end of the table though, we ended up talking about quidditch, like usual. Of course they had something to say when I told them we lost our first match.