Chapter 67: Only Us

Okay, so maybe Valentine's day wasn't so bad after all. I mean, I've been thinking about it this whole week, even though everyone else has moved on. Even Lily, who's especially excited about her birthday which is in five days.

It may be the only thing I've been thinking about in the past four days, but I haven't told anyone that Scorpius and I kissed. I was honestly really surprised at myself for not going and blabbing it to Lily or Jenny or even writing a letter to someone. It's totally top secret now.

I don't think Scorpius has told anyone either. I haven't been approached by Al or any other Slytherin guys but I doubt he's going to be telling them.

Right after we did kiss, neither of us went to dinner. Instead, we kept on eating the chocolates and any other food we had stored in either of our dorms. I asked him to show me more of his writing, and after a little bit of begging, he did.

But other than that one kiss, there wasn't anything else to report. Half of that is because school got exceedingly more intense this week, and the other half...well I don't really know.

We've seen each other since, but never alone. And it was just like it usually was between us, except that every so often, when I caught his eye, he would give me a knowing smile and I would return it but then quickly look away before anyone could notice.

But today, we have another meeting with McGonagall, which means we'll be alone together for the walk there and back.

At the end of dinner, I see him waving over at me from across the hall, signaling that it's time to go. I say bye to Lily and meet him outside the great hall.

"Hey," I grin when I see him.

"Hi," he smiles back and we start walking. No one is in the hallway right now to see him hip-bump me.  "You're hair looks cute like that."

I laugh. I threw my hair up into a messy, high ponytail this morning because since I didn't feel like doing anything else to it. "Thanks."

"Hey, so what are you doing tomorrow?" He wonders. Tomorrow's Friday.

"Well, I have quidditch practice after classes, but I don't think anything else. Why?"

"I was thinking we could hang out," he suggests.

"Okay," I grin.

"Okay," I nod as he smiles. "Do u want to meet me in my room around 6 and we'll go?"

"Go where?"

"It's a surprise,"

"Alright. I'll be there."

After our meeting with McGonagall, we part ways, both having separate things to attend to. For me, it was finding Lorcan and planning a birthday party for Lily. So far, it's going to be a surprise party. I only say 'so far' because I know there's a chance she might find out about it, but we've been pretty good about keeping this a secret.

We're planning it for next Friday, in the Gryffindor common room. There wasn't much of a theme, but we decided to go with all bright, pastel colors for all of the decorations, figuring that it suited Lily the best.

We also were on the hunt for someone to be the DJ so we could all dance to good music. I thought it would be fun to make the party like the muggles did on their 16th birthdays.

***

Friday seems to go by slower than ever. Usually, it's the fastest day of the week, but not today. Even quidditch practice seems longer than usual, but every time I check my watch only two minutes have passed.

But when it finally does end, I practically skip up to my room to shower and get ready for when I'm supposed to meet Scorpius. I shower quickly, then start looking for the right outfit.