Part 16

Steven was on his phone again as he tried to contact Connie. (Y/n) was busy helping Greg untangle himself from the watering hose.
"Steven! We could use a hand here!" (Y/n) called out.
"I'm coming! Hold on!" Steven sent one more message to Connie and helps them.
He takes a bite from hose and frantically said things about saying if everything's okay and if his dad still loves him. Greg said that he still loves him and everything is fine.

The next day the gems and Greg went out to go get supplies to go on a vacation with Steven and (Y/n), while Steven was, well um doing the dishes.
"Uh, Steven, I think you're doing the dishes wrong." (Y/n) points out.
Steven looked down and saw what (Y/n), "Oh! Right."
"Allow me." (Y/n) takes the plate away from him and washed the dish.
The gems came back and told them about going on a vacation in a vacation house. With much convincing, Steven and (Y/n) agreed to go on vacation with  them.
"Aced it!" Garnet cheered.

Everyone finally arrived at the Cool Ranch for the vacation.
"Here it is, temporary home sweet temporary home." Greg announced.
Everyone got everything out of the van and started to unpacked. What surprised Steven is that they brought us mattress.
"Is that my bed?" Steven asked.
"Yeah, I want you to feel as comfortable as possible." Greg ran towards his son.
"I've never been on an earth vacation before," (Y/n) turned her head to Greg, "What do you do on a vacation?"
"Oh you jut relax, have fun and do whatever you want." Greg explained.
(Y/n) walked inside the cabin, "Interesting."
Greg explained to Steven about the awesome things about the cabin. The refrigerator with water dispenser, a cloak and four windows.
"Hm, says here we can't use the water dispenser, or the cloak, windows must be kept closed at all times, and remove all shoes before entering." Pearl read from the paper she had.
She took a look at some shoes that were near the entrance and throw them away. She smiled and entered the house.
Amethyst popped her head out the door, "Hey Greg, did you invite anyone else?" She questioned. "Party Guy, about three feet long, hissing, reptilian?"
"No." Greg answered.
"Well, you might want to factor in a plus one."
A hissing was heard and Pearl screamed at the snake, "AH! PARTY GUY, NOO!"
"HOLD ON PEARL! I'M COMING!" (Y/n) went to go help Pearl.
Their screaming was heard outside the house as they were being attacked by Party Guy.

"It only bit Pearl once, but we're like, we're gems. "Amethyst began to explain to Greg, "She'll be okay."
Pearl groaned in pain, "It isn't the pain, it's the surprise."
(Y/n) pressed an ice pack on Pearl's forehead, "You feeling okay, Pearl?"
"Yes, I'm fine. Thank you, (Y/n)."
"Hey what are friends for."
Steven was still on his phone. Amethyst tried to make conversation with him about the stars, but it didn't work. He was still on his phone. Greg has another plan to help Steven relax.
Greg called out to his son, "Hey! Schtu-ball! Why don't you take my place I'm about to become a raisin." He winked at Garnet and (Y/n).
They both smiled at him.
"Steven, you should join us and become a raisin." Garnet smiles at Steven.
"Yeah, it'll be fun. It's my first time to be in a hot tub." (Y/n) said enthusiastically.
"Okay. One sic." Steven went back and put his phone in a ziplock bag.
He jumps in the hot tub with Garnet and (Y/n).
"Steven, I know what's troubling you." Garnet spoked.
Steven tensed at her words, "You do? Gosh I really messed up didn't I?"
"You didn't do anything wrong. Pink Diamond was a villain." Steven frowned at her words. "It was 5,750 years ago, Pink Diamond was ravaging the planet-"
"Yeah, I know." Steven interrupted her.
"Oh."
"Pink Diamond was bad and everything bad had to happened so good things could kinda happened." Steven said bluntly.
"Oh, good. You understand." Garnet said.
"Uh, guys. That still my aunt you're talking about." (Y/n) spoked.
"Sorry." Steven and Garnet apologized.
(Y/n) sinks down into the water, "But I guess I needed to here that. The diamonds did kept me in the dark for a long time."

The next day, everyone was trying to find a way to talk to Steven. The gems tried other options and almost gave up, until they told Pearl to try to talk to him. As Pearl was outside with him, everyone was spying on them and hearing what will happen next. They saw Pearl struggling to say something, but Steven Dudley snapped.
"Connie hates me!"
Everyone bursted out the door.
"We weren't listening!" Greg said quickly.
"Also, continue Steven." Garnet encouraged him.
"I'm not what happened on Homeworld! All though, yeah that was really messed up." Steven explained more, "My relationship with Connie is even more messed up. I left her behind to go to Homeworld after we've promised to faced everything together." Steven looked down at his phone with a depressed look on his face, "I'm sure I've really hurt her. I've been calling and texting her over a week and she hasn't responded once! Connie might never talk to me again!" Steven started to cry and runs away from the others.
"Wait, Steven!" (Y/n) was about to run after him, but Greg stopped her.
"I'll go get him. I don't know anything about Homeworld, I know about this." Greg goes after his son.
Greg and Steven began to talked about how everyone felt after he left to go to Homeworld. Steven explained that the messages he sent were dumb and that's why Connie didn't respond to him. Greg looked at Steven's phone ad told him there's no service out here. Steven began to panic about Connie might be thinking that he's been ignoring her.
Everyone was racing to the van to help Steven find some cell service. Greg drive quickly as Steven told him which way to go. Soon they were driving near a cliff. Steven told them a little more further. Everyone began to sweat.
"I can't watch this." (Y/n) grabbed Pearl and Amethyst's hands to cover her eyes.
"Almost got it!" Steven said.
Greg stopped the van and Steven climbed on top and finally got full service. Steven was excited that he got a message thinking it would be Connie, but it was Ronaldo.
Greg climbed on top of the van, "Well?"
"No. No messages from Connie." Steven sadly said.
Greg goes to Steven and comforted him. The gems and (Y/n)'s heads popped out from the bottom of the van
"Got room for four more?" Pearl asked.
Steven smiled at them, "Always."
They climbed on top with them. (Y/n) patted Steven head to comfort him. He smiled at her and she returned the smile.
"Nice night, isn't it?" Amethyst smiled fondly at the stars in the night sky.
"Yeah." Steven agreed.
"This is one of the many things I could never do back on Homeworld." (Y/n) turned her head towards the others, "Thank you for taking me and Steven our here."
"Anytime." Greg smiled at her.