Part 21

(Y/n) and Connie were with Pearl and Steven as they were training. Swords were clashing as (Y/n) and Connie were dueling. They were evenly matched.
"Not bad, Connie!" (Y/n) commented.
"You're not bad yourself!" Connie replied.
They smirked at each other as they were battling against each other. Sword again sword. Just before things got more, Pearl shouted, "Enough!" Connie and (Y/n) stopped in place. They looked at Pearl as she smiled at them. "That will be all for today. Great work you two."
Connie and (Y/n) gave each other a high five. Steven came over to them and handed them some refreshments. "Great work today guys!"
"Thanks, Steven." Both girls thanked him.
Later that day, all three of them were walking and talking around town. Just as (Y/n) was so got up to her conversation with them, she accidentally bumps into someone.
"Sorry!" She and the person said at the same time. She looked up and saw it was Sour Cream she bumped into. "Oh! Hi, Sour Cream!"
Sour Cream looked at (Y/n) and blushed, U-Um...H-Hey, (Y/n). Sorry I bumped into you." He apologized. They stand still awkwardly and smiled like idiots for a second until Sour Cream broke the silence. "Well, it was really nice to see you, but I gotta go...see ya!" He quickly ran away.
"Bye, Sour Cream!" (Y/n) waved. Sour Cream stopped running and waved goodbye as he smiled.
(Y/n) blushed after Sour Cream left. Steven and Connie were smiling widely at her. She raised her eyebrows at them, "What?" They both snickered at her, "You like Sour Cream!" They both sang.
(Y/n) blushed more. "What?!"
"You like Sour Cream! You should go out together!" Steven suggested.
"Yeah! We've seen how the two of you look at each other." Connie pointed out.
(Y/n) looked down to the ground. She fiddled with her fingers. "I don't think Sour Cream likes a girl like me." (Y/n) said. "He might like a regular human girl and not some like...me. I'm not entirely human, guys. And to top it all off I'm a Diamond. I'm supposed to hate Earth, but I just love it here."
Steven and Connie looked at each other in worried, but it soon turned to determination. They grabbed (Y/n) by her hands and dragged her all the way back to Sour Cream's house. As they made it to his house they hid behind some bushes near his house. They saw Sour Cream outside the garage sitting on a bench hitting his head with his palm. "Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!" Sour Cream called himself. The three of them were confused on what's he upset about. Yellowtail was walking back home and saw his older son having bad day.
Yellowtail walked up to Sour Cream and patted his back in comfort, "Mumumuh Mumuh Muh?"
"Hey, Yellow Dad. It's nothing." Sour Cream explained. Yellowtail gives 'I know there's something on your mind' look. Sour Cream sighed, "Okay, I'll talk. There's this girl I like, but I'm not too sure if she likes me back."
"Muh Mumuh?"
"Well, she beautiful, kind, cool, and other words can't describe her."
Steven and Connie looked back at (Y/n) with huge smiles. (Y/n) blushed at Sour Cream's words.
'Is he talking about me?' She thought.
"See, we've told you! Sour Cream likes you!" Steven silently whispered. They continued to listen.
"The moment I've met her, she seem so normal." What Sour Cream's words struck (Y/n).
'Normal. Of course he would like a normal human girl.'
(Y/n) quietly snuck away from Steven and Connie. They were too busy listening to the conversation happening.
"I know she's more than a normal girl, she's like a beautiful diamond. I like everything about her. Her (e/c) eyes. Her smile. Her (h/l) blue hair-."
"I knew you like (Y/n)!" Steven shouted.
Sour Cream and Yellowtail were startled by Stevens and Connie. They were smiling like idiots again. "See, (Y/n). We've told you-. Wait where is she?" Connie asked.
"She was just here!" Steven exclaimed.
They were confused on why she left until they realized that Sour Cream must have been talking about a different girl. Sour Cream disagree that is wasn't about a different girl. (Y/n) was the girl he liked. Steven tried to think of a way to get (Y/n) to realize it too. Everyone thought for a moment until Yellowtail got a plan.

The sun was beginning to set. (Y/n) was sitting by the beach as she sighed in despair. "I knew it. Sour Cream likes some else, not me. Why would he like a gem hybrid like me. I'm not a regular human like him. I guess I can just accept his choice." (Y/n) stared at the sea. She stopped her stare when she her heard her name being called. She turned around and saw Steven and Connie looking for her.
"(Y/n)! There you are!" Steven ran up to her and pulled her up. "Come one there's something you got to see!"
They were back at Sour Cream's house. Buck and Jenny was with Sour Cream and had their instruments. (Y/n) was confused on what was happening. Steven and Connie pulled a bench for her to seat. As she was seated, the three musicians began to play their instruments.
"This song was made by Sour Cream. Its dedicated to a very special lady." Jenny announced.
Soon everyone began to play their instruments.

She's blood, flesh and bone
No tucks or silicone
She's touch, smell, sight, taste, and sound
But somehow I can't believe
That anything should happen
I know where I belong
And nothing's going to happen, yeah

'Cause she's so high
High above me
She's so lovely
She's so high
Like Cleopatra, Joan of Arc, or Aphrodite
Da da-da da da
She's so high
High above me

First class and fancy free
She's high society
She's got the best of everything
What could a guy like me
Ever really offer?
She's perfect as she can be
Why should I even bother?

'Cause she's so high
High above me
She's so lovely
She's so high
Like Cleopatra, Joan of Arc, or Aphrodite
Da da-da da da
She's so high
High above me

She calls to speak to me
I freeze immediately
'Cause what she says sounds so unreal
'Cause somehow I can't believe
That anything should happen
I know where I belong
And nothing's going to happen, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

'Cause she's so high
High above me
She's so lovely
She's so high
Like Cleopatra, Joan of Arc, or Aphrodite, oh yeah
She's so high
High above me

(Y/n) was blushing the entire time of the song. Sour Cream walked up to (Y/n) and smiled at her. "That song...was made for...me?" (Y/n) asked. Sour Cream rubbed his head sheepishly, "Yeah. I made it for you, because I really like you." Now the both of them were a blushing mess.
"That was really sweet of you, Sour Cream. Thank you." (Y/n) thanked him.
Sour Cream nodded, "So, if you're not busy on Friday night, I was wondering if you wanted to go out on a date with me." He asked.
"I would love to." (Y/n) replied
"Alright! I'll pick up at 7:00 pm."
"Okay! I'll see you then!"
They parted ways. (Y/n) could hear Jenny and Buck praising Sour Cream for his succession. Steven and Connie congratulated her for saying yes to her very first date.
"Hey, guys. I got a question." (Y/n) spoke.
"Yes? What is it, (Y/n)?" Connie asked.
"What's a date?"