Part 29

Steven and (Y/n) were at Sadie's house as they were recording the band for practice. Sadie just finished singing, Steven and (Y/n) cheered.
"Just another hot track from Sadie Killer and the Suspects." Jenny smirked.
"How's it sound, Sour Cream?" Sadie asked as she walked towards him." Here, check it out." Sour Cream shows Sadie his laptop screen.
"Hey, Steven, (Y/n). How's the footage coming?" Buck asked.
"It's going great!" (Y/n) replied. "Your documentation of our humble beginnings will be important when we become a pop-culture phenomenon." Buck said.
Jenny then questioned, "Okay, but why are you recording it on that giant shoe box?" Steven answers, "It's my dad's old camcorder. These are your early days. The footage has to look old." 
Sadie was making some suggestions about her singing, until her mother came in. Everyone greeted her. Barb say that Steven and (Y/n) have a camera with them and did a funny pose, which was embarrassing Sadie. Barb was only teasing and decided to leave the kids back to their practice. She even invited them to stay for dinner.

The video footage transitions to Greg at the Beach House listening to one of Sadie Killer and the Suspects' songs on his laptop. " You said this is Sadie singing?" Greg asked.
"Uh-huh." Steven nodded.
"This is good stuff!" Greg commented.
"You should see them live. Sadie has this alter ego, and --." Steven was interrupted by his father, "Huh?"
"Uh, you should see them live!" Steven yelled.
Greg raises his headphones, "What?!"
"Steven said you should see them live! They're amazing!" (Y/n) screamed. Greg flinched at her screaming. "Too loud?" (Y/n) asked.
Footage transitions to Sadie Killer and the Suspects in costume doing a live performance for Greg in Sadie's room.
Teens by day, we're all right. Teens by day, but every night we're...
Sadie Killer and the Suspects.
Whoa-oh-oh.
Sadie Killer and the Suspects.
Don't be scared, it's the afternoon. Don't be scared, but pretty soon we'll be...
Sadie Killer and the Suspects.
Whoa-oh-oh.
Sadie Killer and the Suspects.
The moon is out, I'm feeling strange. It's making me shout, it's making me change. You better watch out, it's going to get loud. I'm killing the stage, I'm killing the crowd.
And you're next.
Greg claps, "Whoa! That was great! Sadie, you transform into a totally different person."
"Yeah. No more Sadie Miller." (Y/n) said. "She's Sadie Killer." Steven added.
Sadie blushes, "Heh heh. Yeah. It feels... kind of freeing."
Sadie was explaining that they may be good, but they're just playing in basements. Greg told them that's how all bands start and that they just to go the next level. Steven suggests that Greg could be their manager. Everyone agrees. Sour Cream had a sneaky smile on his face. He used his bat prop and makes it fly neat (Y/n) face. (Y/n) saw what he was doing and played along.
Oh, no! It's a terrifying bat!" (Y/n) faked screamed. "Sour Cream please save me!"
"Don't worry! I'll save you!" Sour Cream pulled (Y/n) closer to his chest.
Everyone was laughing at their bad acting. (Y/n) smiled at her boyfriend and kisses him cheek. Sour Cream returns the affection by kissing her forehead. After everyone calmed down Buck made a speech. " And so it begins -- our rise to stardom, followed by the inevitable infighting and creative disagreements that will tear us apart in a beautiful explosion of emotions."
"Don't worry. That won't happen." Greg said.
"Ah, shoot." Buck said in disappointment.

Footage transitions to Steven walking toward Greg's van. Greg is inside on his phone. He was calling an old friend of his to help Sadie Killer and the Suspects. He sent an email to Sunshine Justice. He got the reply not too long. The band is playing at Empire City!

Footage transitions to Steven and (Y/n) drawing posters for Sadie Killer and the Suspects at the Beach House. Greg is talking to Sadie, Buck, and Sour Cream in the kitchen. They were discussing what to use to the show. Greg has ideas about using and fog machine and lasers, which everyone agrees.

Footage transitions to outside It's a Wash where Jenny, (Y/n) and Buck have just arrived with packages to show to the rest of the band.
"Check it." Jenny and (Y/n) pose as they show the band t-shirts.
"Oh-ho-ho!" Steven screamed in excitement.
"Nice!" Sour Cream compliments.
"Scary and stylish." Jenny said.
Barbara arrives with some packages. The rest of the equipment had finally arrived. Barb questioned if Greg was making a new car wash. Just before Greg, Sadie stops him. She accidentally knocks over a poster. Barb saw this and was excited for her daughter and her band. She was having ideas about helping, but Sadie explained that she wanted to do this by herself. Barb respected her choice and left.

Footage transitions to the Cool Kids testing out the Fog Of War in front of the car wash. Sadie and Greg are by the van. Greg and Sadie were having a chat how Barb is always fun involved in her music life. Greg thought it was funny because his parents didn't support his life in the music business. Greg also explained that it's amazing that Barb wanted to go to the show, which said agrees. Kind of.

Footage transitions to Greg driving Sadie Killer and the Suspects to Empire City in his van. Everyone was excited that they could barely contain themselves.

Footage transitions to Sadie Killer and the Suspects at the venue preparing for their show. Backstage, Greg is talking to some roadies, and Sadie and the Cool Kids are getting their costumes ready.
"What do you mean, you don't know how to tie a tie?" Jenny asked Buck.
"Yeah. Like, didn't your dad teach you? He used to wear them every day." Sour Cream said.
"They were clip-ons." Buck simply said.
(Y/n) runs up to Sadie. "Sadie! What's up? Are you nervous?"
"No, no. I'm just, um -- just getting ready." Sadie replied as she was putting make up.
Sadie (Y/n) and Steven walk to the stage's curtain and peek out at the audience. As they were absorbing the crowd. They thought they saw Barb in disguise. Sadie was in rage, but Steven was able to calm her down.
"Okay, guys. You're on in 5." Greg announced.
"Good luck you guys!" (Y/n) goes up and hugs Sadie, Jenny and Buck. She makes her way towards Sour Cream. She pulls him down by his tie and kisses him. "That's for good luck."
Sour Cream blushes with a smile, "Thanks, (Y/n)."

Footage transitions to Sadie Killer and the Suspects performing "G-G-G-Ghost". Jenny, Buck, and Sour Cream are onstage; a coffin rises out of the stage and Sadie bursts out.
I used to be sick. Sick and tired. Delirious, dizzy, terrified. But I'm suddenly up and out of bed. You'd never believe I was almost...Why can't you see me?Why can't you see me? I think I might be. A gh-gh-gh-ghost. Awwwww! Can't you see that I exist. And I don't need an exorcist. To let me out? Look at me, and I'll appear. Why can't you see that I'm right here? That I'm right here. Why can't you see me? Why can't you see me?I think I might be. A gh-gh-gh-ghost. I'm calling you from the other side.
The audience cheers and applauds as the song comes to a conclusion.

Footage transitions to Sadie Killer and the Suspects backstage.
"You were all so amazing!" Greg commented.
(Y/n) hugged Sour Cream, "You guys were great!"
"Thank, (N/n)." Sour Cream wrapped his arm around her waist.
(N/n) is nickname if you don't know
Everyone cheered to Sadie. Then the woman in the audience who resembled Barb walks backstage. Turns out it was Sunshine Justice, an old friend of  Greg. She loved Sadie Killer and the Suspects. She told them that they could play at the venue anytime. Everyone was thrilled about it.

Footage transitions to Greg driving the band home. The Cool Kids are sleeping. Sour Cream has his head resting on (Y/n)'s shoulder. She held on to his hand and gives him a kiss on his forehead. A small appears on his sleepy face.
"You did great tonight, Sadie!" (Y/n) whispered.
"Thanks." Sadie thanked.
"So, how does it feel to be a rock star?" Steven asked. Sadie thought for a moment then, replied, "Weird. I mean, good. It's just... I went all out thinking my mom was at the show. I can't believe I kind of wanted her to be there. Well, not even kind of. I did."
"There'll be other shows. Why don't you tell her about the next one?" (Y/n) suggested.
Sadie asked Greg is they could do a show in Beach City and Greg agrees.
Steven points the camera at himself and (Y/n) That's all, folks. Thanks for watching." Steven and (Y/n) said in union giving a peace sign and winks.