Part 79

The three cousins were walking around Homeworld as they were enjoying an evening stroll. They were greeted by other gems and were welcomed back. The three of them would do silly things such as stand on their head, do cartwheels, and other tricks. They were laughing and talking as they were enjoying their day.
They were back to Xipilli's room and ate some delicious fruit. They were having a wonderful conversation when (Y/n) noticed something in his room.
'A bird perch?' She thought.
"Hey, Xipilli. What's with the bird perch?" (Y/n) pointed. Xipilli stopped eating and saw what (Y/n) was pointing at. "Oh! That's for my new friend."
"New friend?" Steven asked. "Who's your new friend?"
His question was answered when they heard a bird screeching. A yellow blur flew down and landed on Xipilli's arm. Turns out his new friend is a...
"An eagle!" Steven and (Y/n)'s eyes turned to stars.

Rest on Xipilli's arm was a yellow eagle that was larger than a regular eagle

"Yep. This is my animal companion, Eagle." Xipilli introduced. "Eagle, these are my cousins, Steven and (Y/n).
(Y/n) slowly walked closer to Eagle. "Hello, Eagle." (Y/n) raised her hand up to him. Eagle stares at her hand for a moment, then allows her to stroke his feathers. "What a beautiful creature."
"Looks like Lion and Wolf got themselves another animal friend." Steven laughed. "But what I to ask, where did you find him."
Xipilli looked at Eagle. "I found him on Earth." (Y/n) and Steven gathered closer to him. "I decided to visit Earth with Spinel. We explore places that involved some wildlife. We encountered Eagle trapped in a net. He was wounded and I tried to heal him with my powers. Next thing we knew, he grew larger and turned yellow." He finished explaining. Eagle flew off his arm and landed on his bird perch.
(Y/n) walked closer to Xipilli. The next thing he knew, she wrapped her arms around him and gives him a warm hug. "That was a great thing you've done, Xipilli."
"She's right. That was great." Steven smiled.
Xipilli smiled at them, but it faded. He reminded them of what he's done to the Earth. He forgot that he was born on Earth and raised their before Yellow Diamond took him own as her own son. Steven and (Y/n) tried to cheer him up by saying there's so much good he could do. He thought for a moment. He wanted to do more good, but he didn't felt worth of it. He steps away from them. Steven and (Y/n) gave him a confused look. Xipilli turned to them as he begins to sing.

If I could begin to be
Half of what you think of me
I could do about anything
I could even learn how to love

When I see the way you act
Wondering when I'm coming back
I could do about anything
I could even learn how to love like you
(Love like you)

Xipilli used his gem to hologram the images of how he tried to destroy the Earth. It changed back when Steven and (Y/n) stopped him and Spinel.
After he returned to Homeworld, he felt like he should live up the expectations of how his cousins will see him now. He wanted to be the older cousin they could look up to.

I always thought I might be bad
Now I'm sure that it's true
'Cause I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Look at you go
I just adore you
I wish that I knew
What makes you think I'm so special

Tears flow from his face as he remembers the evil he has nearly done. Steven and (Y/n) could feel his pain as he tries to let go of the hatred he once felt. He admits that he's fallen in love with them. As cousins. As a family. He didn't want to lose his family again.

If I could begin to do
Something that does right by you
I would do about anything
I would even learn how to love

When I see the way you look
Shaken by how long it took
I could do about anything
I could even learn how to love like you

Love like you
Love me like you

Xipilli turns his back to his cousins. He walked towards the window and views all of Homeworld. He suddenly felt pressure on his body. He looks down and saw his cousins hugging him. They smiled at him as he returns a tearful smile. (Y/n) wipes away his tears from his eyes. She pulls both Steven and Xipilli closer to her and gives them a kiss on the cheek.
"I love you, Steven and (Y/n)." Xipilli confessed. "We love you too, Xipilli." Steven and (Y/n) pulled him into another group hug.
Once they broke their hug Steven begins to explain to Xipilli how they were planning to open a school for Gems that wish to learn more about themselves and Earth. (Y/n) asked Xipilli if he wanted to joined them. More tears came from his eyes, not tears of sorrow, but tears of joy. "I would love to help!"
(Y/n) laughs as she pulls her cousins for one more kiss on their cheeks.