Part 86

Amethyst had asked the Diamond cousins to wear blind folds as she led them somewhere. Everything was completely dark. "Two steps to the left. There's some chairs right behind you guys. Sit down and... okay."
They found themselves in Fish Stew Pizza.
"We're in Fish Stew Pizza? What a surprise!" Xipilli smiles. "That's not the surprise! Notice anything different?" Amethyst asked.
They cousins looked around and spotted Bixbite with Kiki in the kitchen.
"I know, Bixbite is working here!" Starla raised her hand. "Right?"
"Yeah, dude! And she's crushing it! Bixbite is an expert at slicing and dicing, so now she can put her skills to use in a pizza shop." Amethyst explains as they watched Bixbite working on a pizza. Kiki scoops the pizza away, as Kofi Pizza brings in a freshly-baked pizza. Bixbite then skillfully cut the pizza with a pizza cutter, and brings it to the Diamond cousins and Amethyst.
"Woah! This looks delicious." (Y/n) drooled.
"Look at that 'za, brah." Amethyst shapeshifts her finger to measure the pizza. "Each slice exactly the same length; 45 degrees. Wow, pure perfection. I am so proud, I almost feel bad eating it." Amethyst are the pizza as Bixbite smiles and walks away. Starla picks up a slice and chomps on it. "This is soooo good!"
"Who would have guessed that Bixbite wanted a career in the culinary arts." (Y/n) ate a pizza. "Yeah, we talked a lot about her interests and experiences. Then, I spoke to Kofi and set her up here." Amethyst explained.
"This was your idea?" Steven asked.
"Yeah, and she's just the beginning. I wanted to do something big for the school, so I've been pairing Gems up with human jobs. The results have been amazing! I call it: the Gem-Human Excellence Mentorship, or G-H-E-M."
"Oh, I get it, like GEM."
"No, it's GHEM. There's an "H"."
The door opened to reveal two rubies dressed in black with shades. They were acting like bodyguards for Mayor Nanefua. "You've got Rubies in your program, Amethyst?" (Y/n) asked. "Yeah, and these two are Nanefua's new bodyguards." Amethyst replied as they watched Mayor Nanefua with the rubies.
"How many Gems are working in Beach City?" Xipilli asked.
"Glad you asked!" Amethyst exclaims.
After pizza, they all went to Beach City Funland. As they continued to walk, they saw that lots of quartzes were helping with game booths and rides.
"Woah! The Quartzes are helping with Funland!" Starla's eyes turned to stars. "Yeah, Starla. Mr. Smiley has been understaffed for so long. I figured he could use a whole army of help." Amethyst explained.
Steven looked worried. "Army?"
Amethyst turned their attention towards the sky. They could see a Nephrite flying a plane with Andy. Not only that, but she was skywriting. One thing is that she is a perfectionist and there were multiple drawings crossed off when she tried to make the Diamond cousins' image perfect.
Amethyst    Ooh, check it out! Nephrite is doing some skywriting. Steven turns to Amethyst. "Umm... Amethyst? Isn't this all a little... on the nose?"
"Oh, oh look! Snowflake Obsidian and Little Larimar found some ice-related jobs on the boardwalk." Amethyst showed Obsidian and Little Larimar were serving snow cones for Mayor Nanefua
"Hmm... I don't know about this." Steven admits.
"About what?" Amethyst questioned.
"Ice Gems doing ice stuff, pilot Gems doing pilot stuff, guard Gems doing guard stuff. Isn't this exactly what they were doing on Homeworld?" Steven explains his reasons.
"Ah-huh, no." Amethyst denies, but the two ruby guards come by as they were saying their jobs were just like Homeworld, proving Steven's point. "These are the jobs they wanted." Amethyst told.
"Well, sure, they think they want to do this stuff. But, it's up to us to get them out of their comfort zones." Steven said.
"But, isn't comfortable a good thing?" Starla scratched her head in question. "Starla's right. Amethyst's original plan for these gems are working just fine." (Y/n) joins in.
"No, no, no, no. I see where Steven is going with this and I totally agree with him." Xipilli said. The group goes over to Snowflake Obsidian and Larimar. "Hey guys, Steven and I were wondering what you two did on Homeworld."
"I dug ice trenches for their armies." Snowflake Obsidian said. "I made ice sculptures for the Diamonds." Little Larimar explains her old job. "So ice is kind of like your default mode?" Steven questioned. Snowflake Obsidian exchanges a look with Larimar. "Yes."
"Have you two ever thought of doing something else than your original jobs?" Xipilli asked. "Like, filling ice trenches?" Snowflake Obsidian suggested.
Trying to think of an idea, Steven and Xipilli noticed Nephrite still flying with Andy in the plane.
"Well... How would you like to fly a plane?" Steven suggested.