Part 45

(Y/n) stared at the Steven before he went back inside his mom's room. She lets out a sigh as she enters her own room.
She takes a closer look at a room. She lets a smile appear on her lips. "It's been a while since I've been here."
(Y/n)'s fingers traces on the hologram reports she studied. Her fruit tree with a small water fall is still looking health and crystal clear. She cups some water in her hands and takes a sip. Her bed was left how she left it. All clean and neat. She sat on her bed as she was remembering the good times before she left with Steven.

Flashback

A young (Y/n) is seen playing in the waters with her mother. She would jump off from her mother's knees and splash in the waters. Once (Y/n) emerges from the waters, she giggles. She soon used her fingers to trace some shapes and make a small whirlpool.
"What are you doing, my little one?" Blue asked. "I'm making some shapes and a whirlpool, mommy." (Y/n) replied.
Blue laughed as she did a whirlpool of her own, but it caused (Y/n) to be caught in her huge whirlpool.
"(Y/n)!" Blue scooped (Y/n) up from the water. (Y/n) was dizzy from spinning around in the whirlpool.
"Are you alright, (Y/n)?"
(Y/n) let's out a tiny laugh.
"That was fun!"
Blue smiled at her daughter and continued playing their water games.

(Y/n) was now in the extraction chamber with her Aunt Yellow.
"After a long day off conquering another playing, this is just what I needed." Yellow said.
"You're right, Aunt Yellow." (Y/n) sighed in relief.
"How are your studies coming along, (Y/n)?"
"Not too bad, but I'm still confused about the history of Homeworld."
Yellow sets her hand down for (Y/n) to climb on. Once (Y/n) sits on her aunt's giant hand, Yellow brought her close to her face. Yellow uses her finger to stroke (Y/n)'s hair.
"If you need help with your studies, don't hesitate to ask. I'll be more than happy to help." Yellow offered.
(Y/n) gives Yellow a smile. "Thank you, Aunt Yellow."
"You're welcome."

End of Flashback

(Y/n) was brought out of her when she heard the Diamond Chime playing.
"The Diamond Chime...Aunt Yellow..." (Y/n) said to herself.
Her  door activated and standing behind was Yellow Pearl. She bows and she salutes (Y/n). "(Y/n) Diamond, my Diamond has requested your presence at the extraction chamber."
"Our course, just give me a moment to change." (Y/n) said. Yellow Peale bows to her and waits outside. (Y/n) quickly grabbed her swimsuit and changed. Before she could leave, she stared at the white patch on her arm. (Y/n) ripped a piece of her blue curtain and wraps it around her arm.
'Let's hope no one questions it." (Y/n) thought.

(Y/n) and Yellow Pearl were walking towards Steven

(Y/n) and Yellow Pearl were walking towards Steven. Inside Pink's room was not only Steven but, Pearl.
"Pink Diamond, my Diamond has requested your presence in the extraction chamber." Yellow Pearl informed.
Pearl opens Steven's bag. "Let's get you into a suit."
Steven runs up to (Y/n) and hugs her as he finished changing. Everyone was following Yellow Pearl to the extraction chamber.
"Swim trunks don't seem very formal." Steven said. "Trust me, this will be more comfortable than jeans." Pearl reinsured. "She's right, Steven. I've been in the extraction chamber before, it's better to wear a swimsuit." (Y/n) explains.
Steven and (Y/n) look at the figures of the wall whispering indistinctively to each other. Once the figures see that Steven and (Y/n) are staring at them, they quickly go back to their neutral position.
"Hello!" Steven greeted.
One figure of the wall blushes in embarrassment. (Y/n) places a hand on Steven. "Don't take it personally, it's just how they have to act." They walked away. Yellow Pearl, Pearl, (Y/n), and Steven stop in front of a Yellow huge door guarded by two topazes.
Yellow Pearl salutes Steven and (Y/n). "Pink Diamond. (Y/n) Diamond"
"Please, call me Steven."
"Pink Steven."
"No, just Steven."
"Just Steven."
"Call me... Lasagna."
(Y/n) narrowed her eyes at Steven. "Steven, stop. You're going to break her."
Steven and (Y/n) enter inside.
"Have a nice extraction, Pink Lasagna and (Y/n) Diamond." Yellow Pearl bowed.
Once inside, they see Yellow waiting for them inside. "Pink. (Y/n)."
"Hi, Yellow. Cool sauna." Steven greets.
"It's new. Have a seat you two."
Steven and (Y/n) jump into the air and slowly float on a seat.
"So, you met with White. How was it?" Yellow asked.
"All we got to say was, "Hi," and, "um," and, "I." Steven answered.
"Two and a half words -- that's a record." Yellow commented. "Two and a half words isn't enough, Aunt Yellow. We still need to talk to Aunt White about healing all the corrupted Gems!" (Y/n) explains. "Hmm. Good luck. White never leaves her own head these days, and she never lets anyone in -- except you." Yellow looks at Steven. "I guess. It's so unfair. I have hundreds of successful crystal system colonies, but you get to see her because your one colony is a failure!"
"Maybe you should just... fail?" Steven suggested. "You could try." (Y/n) supports.
Yellow Diamond looks momentarily shocked, then starts laughing. "Oh, Pink, (Y/n), you two always did have quite a knack for making me laugh. You both are almost worth the trouble."
The Diamond Chime starts playing again.
"Already? Excuse me." Yellow Diamond starts draining all the water from her form. "I've got to check on the latest Citrine production reports."
"Wait! Aunt Yellow! What should we do about Aunt White? We still need to talk to her about helping the corrupted Gems." (Y/n) shouts.
The Diamond Chime plays.
Blue Pearl appears at the door. "Pink Diamond, (Y/n) Diamond, my Diamond has requested your presence."
Steven, (Y/n), Pearl, and Blue Pearl are seen walking down a blue hallway. While Steven and Peale were talking, (Y/n) had her thought on her mother. It's been a while since they've spent any time together. Her mother did say she misses her. (Y/n) just wonders if she's still mad that she left to go on Earth. (Y/n) was brought out of her thought when Blue Pearl spoke. "My Diamond is awaiting our arrival."
Blue Pearl, Steven, (Y/n), and Pearl walk towards the door as Blue Pearl activates it. They then proceed to walk inside the room.
"Blue Diamond is just up the stairs. I'll wait for you both here." Pearl said.
Steven and (Y/n) run up the stairs.
"We'll be back in a bit!" Steven calls out. Blue Pearl turns to Pearl. "Welcome back."
Steven and (Y/n) jump up the stairs and sees Blue brushing her hair with Comby.  "You'll never be alone-y as long as you are combing." Comby sings.
Blue finished brushing her hair. She gasped when she saw Steven and (Y/n). "You're here! Come in!"
"Okay." Steven and (Y/n) runs and jumps into the pool, laughing.
"It's funny! I live right next to the ocean, but I end up going to space to swim." Steven laughed. Blue laughs causing the pool to shake a bit. "You haven't changed. So silly. So small."
"I'm not done growing. I'm not sure I can catch up to you and Yellow, though." Steven said. "I'm just like Steven, I won't be able to reach you or Aunt Yellow, mother." (Y/n) adds. "I'm so glad you're back... Steven, (Y/n)." Blue said Steven's name. "Y-You actually said my name!" Steven gasped. "Steven. Steee-von? It's such a funny sounding name. You're so creative, Pink. Remember when I let you name that batch of Pyrite "Fools Gold?" She laughs. "White was furious!"
"I'm sorry. I don't remember." Steven apologizes. "Oh. Do you remember the game we used to play here?" Blue asked hopefully. Steven shakes his head.
"We had such fun together -- You and I and Yellow and White." Blue spoke.
"You were all together here?!" (Y/n) questioned. "Pink would stand underwater, all the way at the bottom, and sing. And we would be above the surface trying to guess the song." Blue explained. "Can we do that right now? Maybe after, we can talk White into coming back to Earth with us." Steven suggested. "No. We stopped coming here together after you left. That was the start of Era 2. No one wanted to be here -- not with your empty spot." Blue started to tear up. "It was so quiet."
Steven and (Y/n) wipe away their tears. "I know you guys have colony stuff to do, but we should spend more time together." Steven stands up. The Diamond Chime begins to play.
Blue Pearl clears her throat. "My apologies, my Diamond, but your next appointment." Blue sighs. "Of course."
"Wait! Mother! We wanted to talk to you about Aunt White."
"Later, perhaps." Blue climbs out of the pool and the water drains out from the pool, leaving Steven and (Y/n) flat on their stomachs.
"Pearl?" Steven and (Y/n) call out. Pearl walks over to see Steven and (Y/n). "Steven? (Y/n)?"
"Some water got up my nose." Steven told. "I think some got up my ear." (Y/n) spoke. "Oh, dear." Pearl starts taking a long purple object out of her gem.
The three of them were back at Pink's room. Steven let's out a sigh. "This is so weird. Was this some sort of spa day or something? And what about Pink? Did she have a job here, or did she just sit in a room while they were off doing whatever?"
"Before her colony, Pink used to throw massive balls." Pearl told.
"She was a juggler?!"
"Not that kind of ball, Steven." (Y/n) turned to Steven.
"Well, yes. But she would also throw parties for the other Diamonds to mark their many accomplishments. Every member of every court would show up to bask in the presence of all four Diamonds." Peale explained. "Even Aunt White would come, Pearl?" (Y/n) asked.
"Oh, yes! Huh. I wonder what's even become of Pink's court. That reminds me. Hang tight. I'll be back." Pearl walks out the door.
"Where would I even... go? What did I get myself into?" Steven falls stomach down onto the floor. The floor activates under him and a bunch of pebbles climb on top of him. (Y/n) walks over to him and pats his back in comfort. She later hold one of the pebbles in her hands as she nuzzles it to her cheek.
"Am I just supposed to be Pink Diamond now? Hey, pebbles, can you help me? Who was she? What did she do? And why does this feel so..."

(Steven): Familiar. Why is this so familiar? Familiar. Like something I used to know. Familiar. Staring up at the ceiling. Familiar. I swear that I know this feeling. Where everybody wants me to be mom
((Y/n) and Pebbles): Wants me to be mom, wants me to be mom.
(Steven): And everything I do, I do it wrong
((Y/n) and Pebbles): I do it wrong, I do it wrong
(Steven): I'll sway them with a joke or with a song
((Y/n) and Pebbles): Or with a song
Steven and (Y/n) entered a secret room as the pebbles rummage through their bags. The pebbles follow them as they take their measurements.
(Steven): And maybe that'll help us get along. Familiar. Why is this so familiar? Familiar. Like something I used to do
((Y/n) and Pebbles): Something I used to do.
(Steven): Familiar. That she used to throw a tantrum. Insisting that "Hey, I'm a diamond too" I bet she drove them crazy all the time
((Y/n) and Pebbles): Crazy all the time
(Steven): They love her but they're leaving her behind. With more important places they should be
((Y/n) and Pebbles): Places they should be
Steven and (Y/n) sit in front of Pink's mirror as they look at the drawings she drew.
(Steven): Than hanging out with someone just like me. Familiar. That's why it's so familiar
((Y/n) and Pebbles): That's why it's so familiar
(Steven): Familiar. Like someone I used to be
((Y/n) and Pebbles): Used to be.
(Steven): Familiar. But this time I've had some practice
((Y/n) and Pebbles): This time I've had some practice.
(Steven): At helping a struggling family
((Y/n) and Pebbles): A struggling family
Steven held out his hand to (Y/n) as she grateful takes it. They exited the room. The pebbles helped them get dress. They pulled a curtain for (Y/n) change peacefully.
(Steven and (Y/n): Oh we'll get them all together in one place. And once we're all together face to face. We'll show them all the error of their ways. And stop their spread of terror across space.
Once they were done dressing up, they make their way towards the balcony and stare at White's ship. They proclaim their vow of peace.
The door opens to see Pearl running in the room. "Steven! (Y/n)! I'm back with--"
"Hi, Pearl. We just thought we'd, uh, dress for the occasion." Steven explained. "I must say, it's been a while since I wore my diamond attire." (Y/n) twirls.
Pearl chuckles. "Well... you're not the only one with surprises." Pearl summons Garnet, Connie, and Amethyst out of her gem. "Guys!" Steven and (Y/n) run up to them and hug them.
"I figured it out! Remember back when I was little and maybe kind of annoying, and I couldn't come along on adventures? You guys would still drop everything to hang out with me! That's Pink Diamond! I know I can do this! Just watch -- I'm gonna throw a huge ball, and I'm gonna invite everyone!" Steven exclaims.
"This will be an amazing ball of all time!" (Y/n) cheers.