Part 20

(Y/n) was helping Steven post filers about Lion being missing. They were outside to hang more of the filers when a nice yellow car came driving by them. "Steven, watch out!" (Y/n) grabbed Steven by his shoulders and pulled him back before the car could hit him. Steven dropped the filers from being startled. Steven sighed as he calmed down, "Thanks, (Y/n)." (Y/n) nodded.
Kevin came out of his car and leans on it. His eyes turned down to Steven, "What are you doing Saturday night?" He asked.
Steven gave him a look of disgust as he walked away and started to pick up the filers.
Kevin runs after him, "Hey! Listen! Little kid!"
"Beat it, Kevin." Steven tried to ignore him.
Kevin explained that he was throwing a party and all the cool kids were coming except one. At first Steven thought that he was taking about him, but no it was Stevonnie. Steven was enraged that Kevin wanted Stevonnie to come to his party to make him more cool. Steven explained how Stevonnie only exists if both him and Connie are together, sadly they're not.
(Y/n) went to go confront this guy, "Steven has the right to decline your offer. You tried to kill him with that vehicle of your's!"
Kevin looked at (Y/n) his eyes were looking at her from head to toe. A smile appeared on his lips, "Well aren't you a hottie." Kevin walked around her. He wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her closer. "Why don't you come to the party instead as my date."
"Excuse me?" (Y/n) raised her eyes in question.
"Hey! Leave her alone!" Steven exclaimed.
"What? Is she your sister? Are you being a protective little brother?" Kevin questioned.
"I'm not his sister." (Y/n) said.
Kevin leaned closer to her, "Then what are you two?"
Before (Y/n) could say anything, Steven beat her to it. "Cousin! She my cousin!" Steven covered for her. "Yeah, I'm his older cousin." (Y/n) went along with it.
Steven and (Y/n) denied his party offers once more. Kevin sighed in frustration, "Great. So I invited that other kid for nothing." He walked away.
"Connie's going?!" Steven ran up to Kevin as he was walking to his car.
"Of course she's going." Kevin replied. "No one turns down an invitation to a Kevin party."
Steven tried to say that Connie can't stand Kevin, but realized that Kevin might have said that exact same thing to him. Steven runs up to Kevin, "is it too late to RSVP?"
Kevin rolled down his window, "Yes. But I'll make an exception...for Stevonnie." Kevin looked at (Y/n), "And for that hottie of a cousin of your's." He winked at her and drives away, but he comes back to ask what was Steven's number to text him the address. Steven grabbed his phone and typed his phone number. Kevin looked at his phone with confusion, "Your name's Steven. Weird. I thought it was Clarence." Steven just stared at him. "Well, see you at the party Saturday, Steven. And you too, Hottie." He drives away.
"It's (Y/n)!" (Y/n) screamed.

(This is what (Y/n) is wearing at the party

(This is what (Y/n) is wearing at the party."
Saturday night had finally came and Steven and (Y/n) made to to the party. Everyone was stopped what they were doing and stared at the two.
"Steven! Hottie! What took you so long?" Kevin asked with annoyance.
"I got lost coming up the driveway." Steven explained as he rubbed his head sheepishly.
"And I told you my name is (Y/n), not Hottie." (Y/n) told him.
"Yo, Kev, who invited the 7-year-old and his hot older sister, bro." Someone asked.
"Hey, shut your mouth, Derek!" Kevin ordered, "I thought I told you to go buy more ice!" He looked down and his face turned disgusted at Steven's outfit, "Ugh. You just come from picture day at school or something?"
"I brought snacks?" Steven held up a bag of snacks.
Kevin grabbed the bag and threw it away. Steven screamed in confusion. Kevin then complained that his party was beginning to be lame, but once Stevonnie arrives, it will be the coolest party he's ever thrown. Steven and (Y/n) just chuckled nervously. Farther way from them, Steven saw that Lion is here. "Lion?! Wait, your the one who had him the whole time?!" Steven accused.
"What? Ugh! No, I'm allergic to dogs." Kevin answered, but he was wrong out Lion being a dog.
"He's a lion, Kevin not a dog." (Y/n) said.
Just as Lion turned around, right behind him was Connie. She was talking and laughing with some other people. She turned her head and looked at Steven. He stared back.
"Connie!" Steven hid behind (Y/n). "I haven't seen her in so long, she looks she different."
"Well, why don't you just go and talk to her?" (Y/n) suggested.
"No, no, no, Hottie. That's not how you deal with a break up." Kevin kneeled to Steven, "Kid, listen. This is what you do..." Kevin then began to explain what to do.
"Okay you boys, do your thing I'll just go to talk." (Y/n) walked away.
(Y/n) walked over to Connie. She gently tapped on her shoulder. Connie turned towards her and freezes. "Excuse me? Connie was it?" (Y/n) asked.
"Yes. That's me." Connie replied.
"We haven't properly introduced each other, haven't we?" (Y/n) smiled at her. Connie shook her head. (Y/n) extended her hand out for Connie to shake.
"I'm (Y/n) Diamond."
"Connie Maheswaran."
(Y/n) sat down on one of the benches. She patted a spot for Connie to sit with her. Connie sat next to her. "You know, last time I saw you, your hair was longer." (Y/n) said.
Connie smiled, "Yeah, I got a haircut."
"It looked lovely on you." (Y/n) complimented.
"Thank you."
"You know, Steven told me all about you."
"Really?! What did he say?"
(Y/n) had told Connie all of the wonderful things that Steven had told her. Her sword fighting, their friendship, and their compassion towards each other. Soon, they began to told about their own interests and not too long they began good friends.
"It really is nice to have a girl-to-girl chat with you, (Y/n)." Connie laughed.
"Same here." (Y/n) agreed.
Connie turned her head to Steven, he looked back and she turned her head around.
(Y/n) placed a hand on her shoulder, "You should go talk to him."
"I-I I'm not to sure." Connie stuttered.
Steven came to them and started to talk, "Hey, nice weather you're wearing." Steven mixed his sentence.
"Uh, I got your texts." Connie started.
"Oh, yeah. I  forgot about those because I've been living." Steven lies through his sweat." Connie just stared at him. "Well, back to my great life!" Steven awkwardly walks away from them.
"Okay. That just happened." (Y/n) said, "Connie go talk to him, you two need to work this problem out you guys have." Connie nodded and runs up to Steven.
(Y/n) could see them starting to talk, well more like argue.  She saw Connie walking back to her. She sighed and petted Lion. "And I thought things would get better." (Y/n) talked to Lion.
Steven run up to them and asked her to wait. They then began to talk about how they felt after all this time. Connie explains how she wanted to talk to Steven in person, but he's always gone. Steven explained how he would've felt horrible if Homeworld took her away from him and that's why he surrendered himself to them. They apologized to each other and hugged it out.
(Y/n) smiled at them, "See, I told you guys all you needed was a talk."
"You were right. Thank, (Y/n)." Connie thanked. (Y/n) laughed with them and pulled them both into a hug.
Kevin grabbed a microphone, "Hey, everyone! Are you having fun?"
"Yeah." Everyone cheered.
"Liars! You're all so fake. You make me sick." He insulted, "But get ready, I'm gonna introduce you to somebody so real you'll all feel as sick as me. This party starts now!" He announced. "Children! Go!"
Lion walked up to the three of them and lefts them up on his back.
"It's pretty late, we should head out." Connie said.
"Thanks for all your help, Kevin." Steven thanked.
Kevin dropped him mic in confusion and walks up to them, "What did I help for if you're not gonna elevate my party? And what's worse is that you're taking your hottie cousin with you!"
Lion just ignored him and walked away in the pool. (Y/n) grabbed hold of Kevin's shirt, "For the last time, Kevin its (Y/n), not Hottie." She lets go of his shirt and he falls in the pool.
Derrick laughed at him, "Shut up, Derrick!" Kevin shouted.
"If it helps, Kevin, I think you threw a very nice party." Connie commented. Steven nodded his head as he agreed with her. "Good night!" Steven and (Y/n) said. Lion roar a portal and jumps in, leaving Kevin enraged in the pool.