Chapter 9: Cave Chase

🔥Chapter 9: Cave Chase

Coco immediately ran back to the group. The 5 snakes slithered to them, being very fast. The group kept stepping back, but the snakes kept moving forward to them. Lucky for them, a piece of pointly rock fell in between them and the snakes, creating some sort of seperator.

"Phew, that was-" Ina said, before getting cut off.

The snakes jumped into the lava, swan through it, and appeared next to the group again.

The gang looked shocked, except for Cho. He was pretty wise, so he figured out what's going on.

"I think the snakes are so used to live in this environment,  they are able to swing through the lava." He said, looking calm.

Pepe said in response, "Yes, that's good for them. But what about us?!" El looked over at the rocks, and said, "Follow me. This is exactly what happened when I was looking for the Emerald Snake." She jumped on the rocks, and the rest saw that they were pretty sturdy. "Awesome! A chase!" Cas said, before following El. The rest looked at each other, and jumped as well.

Chip Zeal - Corrupted Snakes chase

The snakes didn't even use a brain cell, and started going after the gang

The snakes didn't even use a brain cell, and started going after the gang. Luckily, the rock platforms were easy to navigate, with El leading them. They were very sturdy, but sometimes they nearly fell off. Digo was going fine, before he slipped, but Ami manages to grab him.

"This feels too easy," Pepe said.

El responded, "There are more traps to come."

When they got to the end, the snakes were very far from them. They sighed in relief, but then noticed the Rocky maze right in front of them.

"How are we supposed to get through that?!" Ami said, looking pretty shocked at the maze.

"This maze should be easy. The snakes are miles away from us!" Cap responded.

"I don't think so," Ina said, point to the celling. The rest looked up, and saw three more snakes fall into the maze!

"More snakes?! Why can't we get a break?" Coco immediately said after he saw them fall.

"We have to go through the maze. If you run into a snake, put some type of marker, then run. The marker will signal that a snake might be close by. Got it, everyone?" El said.

"Got it!" they all responded.

They all took seperate entrances, and realized the maze was more complicated than they thought. A lot of times, they found themselves where they already went to, and even ran into each other. But they also constantly keep running into the three snakes.

But Ami noticed something, and screamed, "THE FIVE SNAKES GOT HERE TOO!"

He noticed a group of five snakes passed him, and put up five markers after he screamed that. The rest were on edge because they learned there were now 8 snakes roaming the maze. Cho soon ran into an eight marker wall, and managed to avoid the group of eight snakes. El finished the maze first, and soon the rest finished to. And without a heart beat, they ran, leaving the snakes behind.

They looked back, and saw the gang of snakes still looking for them.

"Are we finally safe?" Digo asked.

El pointed and said, "There's one last thing."

The rest looked, and in the distance, they saw a puzzle wall. The wall had all kinds of pictures on it, and a message too. Cho decided to read the message and told the rest.

"It says, 'Find the pictures on the floor, then input them on the picture wall by pressing the corresponding button," he said.

"That's not so hard, right?" Cas asked.

Pepe shook his head and said, "Nope."

He pointed the the floor, and the rest saw that the lava was rising and going back down!

"This is bad. That lava is rising, 8 snakes are behind us, and I think I see two more snakes!" Coco said, looking panicked.

Sure enough, there were two more snakes.

"Guys, if you find a picture, remember it in your head. There should be only three pictures. Before the lava rises, get on a rock platform, and wait  for the lava to sink again," El said to them.

The rest nodded, and took the plunge, before the other 8 snakes caught up to them. They each got onto different different rock platforms, and avoided the ten snakes that were swimming in the lava, hoping to get them. They survived the first lava rise, and the lava soon sunk down. They didn't hesitate, and climbed down. Looking for the pictures were actually pretty hard, because they were very small.

They didn't find any on the first time, but Cho thought he saw a picture a bit to far away from where he was standing, and kept the location in his mind. They climbed back up the platforms, as the lava rose again. Coco was close of being attacked, but Cas threw some rock at the attacking snake, making it go back into the lava. When the lava went back down, Cho went to the area he remembered seeing something.

And sure enough, it was a picture of a snake. And El, on the other side, also found a picture of a squid. But they couldn't find the last one before they had to get back on the platforms. But this time, the snakes seemed desperate to get them, so they all attacked in the group of ten, hoping to get them. They nearly got Ami, but Pepe distracted it by throwing another rock into the lava. They were safe from the snakes that time. They needed to find the last picture, and fast.

They all scrambled to the bottom, looking as fast at they could. Because they know they wouldn't survive the next lava rise. They ran all over, but couldn't seen to find the last picture.

"Where could it be?!" El screamed.

Even she was looking afraid.

"I have no-" Ina was about to finish, before tripping on a weird- looking rock. "Ow!" she screamed.

"Wait....look at the floor!" Digo said.

The rest looked down and saw a picture of square. Bingo! They had found it, but the lava started rising. They all started climbing as fast at they could to the puzzle door, hoping to not become incinerated by the lava. They nearly lost Pepe and Coco, but El and Digo managed to grab them. And soon, they were standing in front of the puzzle door.

"Quick! Press the pictures!" Cas screamed.

Cho, El, and Digo started looking for the pictures they saw. But soon, the snakes came out of the lava, and started going after them. Cho found the snake and pressed it, and soon El found the squid and pressed it too. But Digo couldn't find the square picture, and the snakes were catching up.

"Up there!" Ina said, pointing at the top of the doorway.

It had a picture of the legendary heros, including a square.

"Somebody, throw me up there! I'm the lightest!" Cas said after what Ina said.

The rest didn't hesitate, and all helped throw Cas up. Cas reached, and hit the button! The door slowly opened, and they all ran inside. And the door soon shut, leaving the snakes behind.

But they weren't ready for what was going to happen next.