Chapter 31: Truth

💧Chapter 31: Truth

They were surprised from what they overheard. They knew a shape named Rey liked hanging around a fountain, but they remembered that they hadn't seen him on their way over. They knew this lined up with a hint, but they didn't know if it was actually what they were looking for, or something completely different all together.

"I feel bad for Rey. Erl only wanted to protect him, but died while doing so. Now he was seen sitting at the fountain alone, forced to remember the death blow his friend did for him." Ina said, looking a bit sad.

Everyone else immediately turned to look at her.

"You...might be on to something, Ina." Ami remarked.

Cho pulled out the clue that said "one of Ice stood here so to mourn the loss of a death blow".

They studied, and it matched up. From what they overheard, Rey say at the fountain because that was his friend's favorite thing to do. But after Erl took his life for Rey, he was seen sitting at the fountain, likely trying to remember the happiness his friend used to give him. The story and the clue fit like puzzle pieces, and the group quickly realised that, and felt bad for Rey.

But they had finally figured out one of their clues, and we're back on track! Now all they needed to do was to find Rey to see if he knew anything, but had no idea where to start.

Until Ari said, "Search for others?"

Perfect! They would look for more survivors! Of course they needed to figure out where the survivors would be hiding. They decided to not look at the houses they had already searched from head-to-toe, because they would have found nothing and that search would have been useless. Plus, they could get trapped. So they made sure to only search the places they hadn't cleaned out of clues before, like convenience stores and hospitals.

They searched high and low, looking for any signs. They had to look for doors that led to bunkers, secret rooms, and other kinds of places. One of them even put out an idea of pulling books on bookshelves to open doors because they saw the same thing happen on Shapey Doo (Scooby Doo for those who don't get it). Some did the idea without thinking, some thought the idea was stupid, but did it anyways, but Pepe refused to do it, because he thought nothing would happen, and ignored every bookshelf he saw. They all continued, but kept getting stuck.

Some found hidden doors, but they were mostly places where people secretly played games. Yeah, that wasn't much of a secret now. All, except Pepe, started pulling books left and right.

Eventually, he got annoyed, and yelled, "Pulling books won't make a difference! See?!"

He pulled a book, and a door opened showing survivors. Pepe was dumbfounded, but entered with the rest of the team. The room looked like a mansion, which a kitchen, living room, beds, and all kinds of things needed to live a normal life. And there was a bathroom, don't worry. In the room, lots of shapes of all kinds and all colors were there, watching TV, cooking food, playing games, living a normal life.

But there was also firearms on a side, in case of any corrupted had found where they had been hiding. Of course, the group had eyes on all of them as soon as they entered, but got help after they said what they were doing. The ones hiding in there were on vacation when the island was attacked. They had managed to find this bunker, and had been hiding here for a while. They came from different areas in the world, all seeking relaxation.

Some had families who they were worried about, while some were worried of their entire town.

The group promised they would fight the corrupted, and even Digo said, "We will do our best!"