Chapter 87: Once Again

🌈Chapter 87: Once Again

Agen's form fell to the ground as rays of light began to shine from him. As the field around them closed, the group of shapes quickly gathered on a rooftop of a building further away. A loud "thud" rippled through the area as Agen landed, having been bested by the group...but now that meant that the last treeangle's power was theirs. The red shape slowly rose from Agen's body and into the sky, starting to glow as it became purified from the corruption. The group pulled out the other treeangles they'd collected, and they all started to light up and gravitate towards each other.

As the sun steps down and escapes the day, we'll calmly walk away, walk away from the fray...

Light began to pulse from the treeangles as they grouped together, and they now started to spin around slowly in circles. The group held their breath over what could happen, as no one dared to interfere with what was going on. Even the corrupted creatures within the vicinity looked up, but made no move to mess with the treeangles.

When the structure falls, and all else fails...

The treeangles gathered speed as they spun, and soon it seemed as if energy crackled around them. They blurred together into what looked like a ball of light, before straightening out into a long, arrow-like pillar in rainbow order.

We will build it once again.

The treeangles dropped in unison, causing the world to quake like it had never had before. Fountains upon fountains of color spewed from their impact, and washed throughout the land like ocean waves. As each wave hit the corrupted land, the corruption was erased and returned to purity. Each corrupted creature was purified as the waves hit them as well, and the energy seeped through the ground to purify the caves below. A shockwave of light pulsated through the area as well, and even left the portal to Agen's realm to purify the rest of the world.

Sese and Racu decided that the group had this in their hands, and left so they could do their thing. Outside of the portal, millions of creatures were caught off guard by the sudden wave of energy, but rejoiced upon being cured of their corruption. All of the folk that remembered the group of shapes passing through to help figured they'd finally accomplished their goal of ending the corruption, and smiled knowing they'd done it successfully. Many were cheering or hugging others, or just glad they could finally stop fighting the corrupted creatures that invaded their home and attacked. The group themselves also cheered and hugged each other as they looked over the city they'd purified.

"We really did it, huh...." Coco said quietly.

"Can't say I haven't felt better," El added.

"Well, I guess our work here is done?" Cas asked.

"Seems so," Ami shrugged. "I mean...the treeangles did their thing and now the scenery is no longer different shades of magenta."

"What do you suppose'll happen to the corrupted? Or Agen or....whoever else was evil?" El asked.

"I don't know...it didn't seem like the corrupted could control themselves at times, but...maybe a small amount of punishment would be involved," Ina guessed.

"Me hope there be no more corruption," Ari said.

"Yeah, agreed," Digo added. "This whole adventure has been tedious and tiring and I really think we all need a break."

"If more corruption comes back, I want other heroes to fight it this time," Coco laughed.

"Haha, yeah me too," Cas said.

"Hey, where'd Sese and Racu go?" Digo asked.

"I....I don't think it matters right now. They're uncorrupted, so they've probably gone back on their own adventures," Ina replied.

"True...do you think maybe WE should get back to OUR adventures?" 

"Oh, right. I forgot we were in another dimension for a sec. Guess we could head home after all,"

"Uhh, Ari? Where do you live?" Coco asked, remembering the group had found him in a volcano.

"Me no know..." Ari replied sadly.

"Well that's fine. He can hang with us until we find his home!" Digo said happily.

"Aw man, really?" Coco groaned.

"What? He's not THAT bad!"

"Alriiiiight...." Coco sighed in annoyance.

"YIPEEE!!" Ari squeaked as he picked up Coco and spun him around a little.

"Okay then, if all our business is done here, I suppose we should get going," Ami stated.

"Yeah, let's go," El agreed.

The group got down from where they were and started to retrace their steps back. The treeangles were nowhere to be seen from there, but that was okay. It took around half an hour, but the group eventually got back to the now-purified castle that was once Agen's. They went through the trees they remembered seeing, expecting the portal to be gone, but were surprised upon finding the rippling red portal in the same place it had been when they entered. The group exchanged glances before nodding at each other and going through the portal one by one.

As they re-entered the once corrupted island, they could see the amazing view of the cured flora and fauna from where they stood. The portal did not close behind them, but that mattered not since the creatures were safe now. Cizi and co were nowhere to be seen, but the group was sure that they would be okay with their friends. With nothing much to do, the group of shapes started to head down to the shores to see if they could get a swimming shape or monster to find Elis to bring him back. As they made their way over, a glimmer of light appeared in the sky, causing them all to look up.

The treeangles reappeared in front of them briefly, spinning around in circles as if happy that the world had been restored. There was a bright, blinding flash of white light, and then the treeangles disappeared once more. The group could only smile as they continued on their way to the shores, with one single thought filling their heads.

They'd done it.

They'd saved the world from the corruption again.