A Hoot of a Brute

🐂Chapter 22: A Hoot of a Brute👑

Seven Nation Army Remix - Ari Bossfight

The field opened up, and the bottom filled with lava like Sese's fight. Small waves began shooting out through the field to the rhythm of the song. The music was pretty calm, so they were easy to dodge, as they were well spaced and thin enough to dash through if needed. The group wasn't about to underestimate this battle though. For all they knew, it could get faster or fill with projectiles.

The waves came in patterns from the sides, and it was pretty easy to get the hang of it. Cas had been hoping for a challenge, but Coco was still suspicious. They couldn't let their guard down now, and for all they knew, Ari could pop out from anywhere. Ina and Ami were scanning the surroundings for anything that might suddenly appear. El was in the lower right corner of the field, as it was a place that the waves usually didn't reach.

A small spark shot out from said corner and hit El, and then burst into particles. She yelped in surprise, which alerted everyone else. They were able to dodge the other pellets with ease, and El stayed away from the corner. She joined up with the rest of the group in dodging waves, not wanting to get hit by something else. The waves from earlier kept going.

Larger waves began rising from the bottom, and Digo and Cas had to get out of the bottom area to dodge them. The waves synchronized with the ripples to match the song beat, and now it was starting to get a little crowded in the field. The group watched their positions closely, as they'd occasionally have to dodge through a few times. Then the snapping started. Fish began jumping out of the water to shoot bullets at the group.

This was the catch Coco had been looking for. Ina and Ami stuck together as they dodged, El stuck close to the group still, and Digo and Cas had to rise a little higher on the field to dodge. The waves were still rising high, but the ripples from earlier had stopped. All of them had to be careful not to hit the fish themselves too, as that would also damage them. Coco was dashing through them, but he could've sworn he heard a voice in the background of battle.

Cas and El also helped warn others of incoming bullets. These things were so tiny that they were easily overlooked, and there had been several close calls. Ina had actually gotten hit by a bullet from not being able to react fast enough, but she still had a lot of hp left, so she was fine. Digo had knocked Ami and Coco out of the way of some bullets too, and slowly the bullets began filling more and more space. Everyone was looking for a safe spot to all squish in until this part of the fight stopped.

Luckily, they didn't have to, as soon the drum kicked in. Strange triangular lights lowered onto the field, and now the group had to maintain being in the middle for the battle. The fish actually stopped shooting and hid back into the lava, which was a relief from everyone. However, they all heard the song, and it sounded like it was preparing to drop. They saw a warning flash down the center lane, and all of them pulled over to the sides.

Ari slowly rose out of the lava (similar to how Barracuda does) with his eyes closed, table and headphones and all. Everyone waited for more flashing warnings before the beat drop, and they soon saw a circle forming around him. They made sure to stay out, and they watched as Ari opened his eyes and grinned a sharp toothed grin. He slowly raised both hands, and the group assumed that that was what the circle around him was for. As the bass dropped, he slammed both hands as fists onto his table, and a shockwave of corruption surrounded him momentarily.

He then began to properly DJ, sending out particles from spinning the discs on his table, Lasers from the sides shot out, as well as from the lights on top. Everyone began moving quickly, doing their best not to bump into one another. The lasers made small spaces for a momentary rest, but then a particle would float by or a laser would readjust, and the group would have to move again. It was less of a bullet fight now, and more of a "find a spot to stay before things change again" fight. Ari himself of course, was entirely a bright pink now, so everyone had to avoid touching him too. Digo, Ami, and El were on one side, with Coco, Cas, and Ina on the other side.