Crushed

🐉Chapter 60: Crushed🕊

First Crush - Ampithere Bossfight

The group backed up as the battlefield formed around them, taking its usual rectangular shape instead of something else. Slowly, corrupted feathers started floating in from the top and sides of the field. They exploded into small corrupted particles as each "beep" played within the song. It was relatively easy to dodge, the group just had to make sure they didn't bump into each other and get hurt. Again though, this was probably just for warm up.

That was how songs like this usually went, at least according to the many experiences with boss fights the group had. They started off easy and increased in difficulty as they went on. The only issue now was the particles making the safe spaces smaller, but knowing how songs went, the group predicted that this wouldn't go on for much longer. For now they had to watch the spacing between them. They could make it through pretty easily.

Then the drums kicked in as the feathers continued to float down the field. Small snakes made of triangles zipped across the field alongside the beeps. It was an extra obstacle, but it was okay because it really wasn't a big deal. This fight was still pretty easy at this point, as all beginnings sometimes were. Everybody was just waiting for the Ampithere to show up so they could see if the battle exposed a weakness of theirs or something.

There was also a melody playing in the background that was noticeable, but hard to focus on at the moment. That seemed to be what the snakes were wiggling to, since almost every obstacle in these kinds of fights were based on rhythm. Nonetheless, it was still easy, and the snakes posed no real threat to the group at the moment. Soon the song slowed to a halt, and the battlefield cleared. Everyone still stayed apart in case something else came through, though there were no warning lines to prove that.

Then a different melody started up, and warning lines appeared for only a brief second. Larger snakes began rising from the ground, and El was hit by one due to being the closest to the bottom. Everyone else got out of the way in time at least, and nobody was hurt by anything incoming. The snakes seemed to leave behind trails of feathers as they swerved through the field. Luckily, these feathers simply disappeared after a while instead of targeting someone and shooting after them. Digo looked around for anything else incoming, heart pounding from anticipation.

A buildup then started playing, and feathers started falling from the top of the field. The group figured the dragon was about to appear, so they moved away from the center a little. There were a few warning lines before feather projectiles zipped down and across the field, but none for anything larger. Thinking it was safe, the group spread out a little more to dodge more incoming feathers and exploding bullets from the bottom. This wasn't so bad.

Then the drum kicked in, and the Ampithere dove straight through the middle of the field. They his both Cas and Ina, with everyone else dodging out of the way in time. Corrupted feathers randomly shot out from it as well, and Ami got struck by one whizzing by. He shouted to the others to watch where they dashed, and soon everyone was more alert. The Ampithere's tail shook around a lot as soon as it reached the bottom field, and Coco nearly got hit by it if it wasn't for Ari helping him out. Then the tail disappeared.

The Ampithere popped out near the top right corner and circled around the whole field, encasing it in a red border that was its body. The group had nothing to attack it with, so they dodged around the corrupted fire it spat out. It didn't matter, since all boss fights usually involved waiting out the enemy. The Ampithere then uncoiled itself from the box, and a warning line showed that it was about to go across the field. Everyone moved accordingly, careful not to get hit by the wings....though Digo got hit at first.