Maniac Triangle

🏴Chapter 11: Maniac Triangle☠️

Seven Seas - Sese Bossfight

The battlefield opened up.

It seemed normal, nothing suspicious about it. Everyone looked around for the start of the attack, but were quickly alerted as a smaller version of Cuda quickly swam in a wavy pattern horizontally across the field. Coco and Ami did NOT see it coming, and immediately got hit. No corruption infection wounds, since they were in a battle, but it hurt to be hit by a ship. In fact, that was the first time any of them ever actually gotten hit in a fight since this adventure started. Strange...

The group was able to dodge the second time Cuda swam lower across the field, but he WAS fast. Ina saw a warning signal from the bottom of the field, and quickly shouted at everyone to get away. Digo unfortunately got hit as everyone watched the skinny rectangle Sese was holding fly up to the middle of the field and spin around. Lines appeared, beginning to draw in smaller corruption particles that everyone dodged successfully.

As it grew and grew, the team could soon see what it really was...a sword. It dropped back down and Sese jumped up to catch it, swinging it outwards to the left (our right) of the field. Ina got hit by the quick movement, but Sese ducked down again before anyone could do anything. Cuda started swimming across again like he had done in the beginning, but this time the group was able to dodge thanks to Cas's warning. They tried to stay away as best they could, as this beat was a little faster than their usual fight songs.

Suddenly, stalagmites shot out of the bottom field, and stalactites shot down from the top. Cas and El were struck, and did their best to move out of the way. Everyone's hearts were racing now, as this song was getting more and more unpredictable. Digo and Coco felt the sides of the field prick at them, so they moved back, just in time as pink spikes came from the sides and top. Digo and Ina were hit again, and El was nearly hit with the lava that rose from the bottom in one quick movement. Cas was waiting for the next part, hoping he could last long enough off to the side to win this fight.

Out of the lava rose Sese with his sword, and he began swinging it EVERYWHERE. The thing was, it wasn't even reckless swinging. It looked proper and professional as well. Digo and Coco backed into the corners, making sure not to get hit with the spiky border. Cas dared to be risky, and stayed in a lower corner area, closer to the lava. Digo and Ina needed to dash through Sese's sword SEVERAL times as he swam around the field in the lava. Unfortunately, some of his splashes hit Cas, so that was a bad idea to stay down there.

Everyone knew the deal: 6 HP, and they had already each taken 2 damage from the beginning of the match. They couldn't attack back so it was a dodging game. Sese sunk into the lava and began leaping around the field in a rhythmic sense. Sure, there were warning lines as he did it, but Coco's carelessness got him hit anyway. Sese continued leaping as everyone else frantically tried to get out of the way before he could attack.

He then dove back down and reappeared, throwing his sword horizontally across the field. Ami was hit not by the sword, but because he was close to the landing point of the sword and had backed up into the spikes surrounding the field. He dashed out with the invincibility frames he was given. Cas was still trying to hide while El anticipated attacks, but none of them saw the sword go through the spiked wall and re-appear at the top of the field. Digo yelled at them to move out of the way, but neither of them seemingly heard him, so he rushed over and knocked El out of the way, taking the hit for her. Cas was also hit, has he wasn't saved either.

El cried out as Digo was hit, and Ina wanted to help him, but she was unfamiliar with this tune and did not know the beats, rhythm, or song duration. She also didn't notice that Sese had brought Cuda into the waters and was riding him back and forth across the field. She was hit with Sese's tail as he swung it around. El was also trying to avoid the tail and sword with Ami, but it was hard to keep track of what was where, and she ran into Sese in an attempt to dodge his sword, taking damage.