Chapter 40: Evar Barc

🦀Chapter 40: Evar Barc

The three crabs were just chatting to themselves, so of course they were shocked when Cas ran up to them. Cas wasn't trying to scare them, but his nature of being reckless made him move fast. The crabs tried scurrying away, but ended up running into rocks. Ouch.

"Don't move! I have a giant friend who is tipped over and I can't lift him!" Cas quickly said, trying to look friendly.

The red and blue crab stayed in hiding, but the gray crab went up to him and said, "If you are true to your words, then show me this giant friend."

Cas led the crab over, and about 5 minutes later they came back.

"Well I haven't seen you around here before, so I suppose I can trust you after you showed me the truth. My name is Gray, with is self-explanatory by my color. Over there is Red and Blue. We are citizens in the crab kingdom on this island." Gray said, being convinced.

Red and Blue stepped out of their hiding places, and gave a small wave. They got to know each other a bit, but they still needed a plan to help Elis.

Then Blue said, "Don't the yellow and green crab group have a machine meant to pull up very large things?"

"Yeah, but that's talking about trees and such. It couldn't lift and entire ship." Red replied.

"But maybe it could tip a ship!" Cas said out loud.

That was a very good idea between the four of them.

"But there's one problem," Gray said, "The machine still needs a few more parts. Otherwise it won't work."

"Why don't we split up? There's three of us crabs, and getting the parts required won't be that hard." Blue told everyone.

The plan seemed good, so the three crabs split, and Cas went back to Elis to keep him safe just in case. A piece needed was near the palm trees, which Red climbed every day for food, so getting this piece would be easy for him. The vast trees covered in coconuts makes him wish he was here to collect food. But he needed to get rope. The rope was at the top at the tallest palm tree that he had only climbed once.

Nevertheless, he needed the rope. But before he started, he saw a diamond and an oval, which he knew were Ina and El because Cas told them the people he came here with. It looked like they were trying to reach a coconut from the same tree the rope was in. So he decided to hit two birds with one stone. Going sideways and from his knowledge, he started climbing the tree fairly fast, but also keeping an eye out so he didn't fall down.

Falling down is the main reason very few crabs come out alive when climbing the tallest palm tree. But he managed to make it up, only looking down a few times. Using his claw, he grabbed the rope but made sure not to accidentally cut it, and pushed the coconut down for Ina and El. They seemed happy to get the coconut, and Red made his way back down. He had gotten the first piece needed!

Tall grass was not much of challenge for small crabs, especially Gray who knew his way around. The wooden wheel they needed was lost here by a gang of crabs who were just born a few days ago. He was clipping through the grass with his claws, making a clear path. But there were other paths already made by other crabs, so he followed those when he could. The wooden wheel was near the middle of the field, so it would take him a while.

But he did hear talking from two shapes. Looking up, he saw Digo and Ari (as Cas had told him), who were trying to find their way through the grass. Getting their attention but not getting spotted, he managed to get them to notice the paths the crabs had already made, so they can more easily get though. Soon, Gray managed to find the wooden wheel at the center. But picking it up seemed to be much harder than it looked.