Chapter 42: Crustacean Contest

☄️Chapter 42: Crustacean Contest

It didn't take all of them long to reach the village, as Gray went the same way everyday. Once there, the town seemed lively. There were stores, houses, offices, factories, and many other things that are in a normal town.

"This town seems nice." Ina said, looking around.

"But it usually isn't this busy. It's mostly calm of these weekdays." Blue said.

Red and Gray knew what he meant. Other crabs were holding signs, cheering. But for who? The group didn't know who they were cheering for, until Ari and Coco pointed to a stage. On the stage, there was a brown crab, but it looked stronger than the others.

Red noticed the group's confusion, and said, "That's Champion. He's the strongest crab here, and has won every sports competition we have ever held. He's the main reason we don't hold anything related to sports anymore. But even in cooking competitions he manages to come out victorious."

Blue and Gray was staring at Champion with an annoyed face.

"Attention, all residents of Crab City," Champion started announcing, "Today is something special. I know I'm the main reason sports events have been banned from being held by anyone else, but they never said I couldn't! I'm going to host a sports tournament right now!"

"Yes! You head me right, I'm hosting a tournament right here in Crab City! All of the teams who want to participate will have to roll on logs, throw rocks, and many more challenges! And whoever wins, I have a treat for you."

Champion pulled out a piece of paper, with a rainbow treeangle piece at the center.

"On one of my training sessions, I found a map carved in rocks which leads to a treeangle piece! Whoever wins will get to find the treeangle piece and keep it! If you win, which there's not much of a chance!" Champion then said, putting the piece of paper away.

He went off the stage laughing, as his fans went wild. Yet no one of the three crabs or the group were smiling. If someone dangerous won the competition, it could lead to the end of the world.

"Come on guys, we are going to need to compete. We will need all of the pieces to drive away the corruped for good."

The group agreed.

Gray was looking around, then said, "The sign up booth should be over there. However you better get in line quickly, because the line is filling up fast. Me, Red, and Blue will keep our eyes out."

Red and Blue went to Gray's side, and the group got into the line. Now time for the waiting game, what fun! Well it turns out waiting in line could actually be fun. The group were in line, but the line became full after the got in. So other crabs started pushing crabs in line trying to get in.

It got so bad that security was called, and the head police officer said through a megaphone, "If you get out of line you lose your spot. And if you get spotted pushing someone else, you will be out of the contest!"

Crabs did try pushing the main group, but they managed to keep them off because they were a lot bigger. It took a while, but they were soon at the front of the line. But before they could sign up, Champion pushed in front of them, and he wasn't arrested and got to sign up! They got angry a bit, but managed to sign up after.

The crab doing the sign ups asked different questions like, "How old are each of you?" and "Why are you completing?"

They end up getting the team name "Shape Giants", which made sense because they were bigger then most of the crabs. After, they were lead to a room with beds, a kitchen, and others things for normal survival that fit their size. They were told to wait there for their first challenge, but the workers didn't see Red, Blue, and Gray sneak in. They saw something while the others were in the line.

Before, Red, Blue, and Gray were looking around while the rest were in the line. They saw crabs holding signs, wearing shirts and hats, all kinds of things with Champion's face on them.

"I think they closed the line. Hopefully this won't give the giants much trouble." Blue said, eyeing the sign saying the line was closed.

"Wait, you two. Look over there." Gray replied, pointing to the crab who was basically the mayor.

They saw a crab who worked under Champion give money to the mayor, saying something on the lines of, "Just keep what you know secret, and more money and power will go to you."

But before they could hear anything else, they saw the giants go into a room. They needed to follow them to tell them what they saw.

-----

"Well that proves Champion is up to something. What does the mayor know that they don't want everyone else to know?" Ami asked, looking annoyed.

"Can we think deeply after? The first challenge will start soon!" Cas said.

Then an alarm went off, signaling it was time for the first event.

"Look at the tags you have. They will say which first event you are going too." Red said.

They group looked down, and saw they needed to go to the Rock Throwing challenge. They headed over, while the three crabs snuck out and went to the viewing stands. But Gray didn't go with Red and Blue. He went to see Champion compete. The group was sitting at a table until a crab working under Champion went up onto a balcony.

"Ok, welcome first rounders to the Rock Throwing event! You must simply throw a rock as far as you can. But watch out! If you throw it too far, the rock will end up in the sea, and you will immediately lose and won't progress in the competition while the other teams go on. We have teams Shape Giants, The Heavy Hitters, and Speed Of Waves. Only two will go on to the next round. Pick one member of your team to compete!"

They group picked Ari due to him being strong, but made sure he knew not to throw it too far. When time was up to decide, Ari went up along with two other other crabs. Crabs in the stands were cheering for the Heavy Hitters, they must be popular. The crab from The Heavy Hitters threw his rock first, and it went pretty far. Ari was up next.

His rock was bigger than normal, but there was a line which was the only part to count. Red and Blue were cheering for him as he threw the rock. It went flying, and landed a lot farther than the rock throw before. Now the crab from Speed Of Waves was next. She threes the rock, which went farther than both rocks, but ended up in the sea!

The team was disqualified and sent away. Then Ari went back, in which he got praise. Ari got cheers for managing to throw the rock the farthest. It didn't mean much now, but soon they will need to get first. Gray soon came back, but looked sour.

When Red and Blue asked why, he told them what he saw. Champion was doing the swimming competition, but one of the teams that he hated became tired halfway and had to be saved. And if you were saved in the swimming competition, you were immediately disqualified. He felt as if something went wrong, as the member of the team who became tired was usually very hyper. He said they were taken to a room, but the group said the losing team also went to the same place.

They all knew something was off, but they couldn't do much now. They went back to the room they were told to stay in, and rested there for a while. Then, another alarm went off. It meant time for the second round events. They checked what their next challenge was.

It was...